President caves

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not only that but, it will probably bring impeachment asap due to abuse of power
The Democrats will not impeach the Maniac. Reason being is they believe everything he does strengthens their party. The perceive him as one of the greatest gifts ever bestowed upon their party. Last thing they want is a Mike Pence run White House with a quasi-Conservative agenda lacking the childish, idiotic rantings and outbursts coming from the Oval Office.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Before your rant, you originally said. "Time to use his position to declare the Democratic Party an enemy of the state, take/restrict their use of guns ( cause we know they shouldn’t have’em) ban their right to assemble, restrict their free speech and then investigate their elected leaders. Um on second thought, one party is already doing that, my bad."

Who is taking or restricting your or anybody's use of guns? Who is banning your right to assemble? Who is restricting your free speech?

You would literally have to be intentionally turning a blind eye to stated goals of liberals to ask that question.

In Every legislative session in democratic controlled bodies all over this country restrictions are passed or at least proposed, on gun possession and ownership. Gun ownership is the stated target of Sanders - the leading democratic candidate for president and as stated civil actions, many initiated by democratic mayors and governors have been filed against gun manufacturers as a way to control distribution.

The other things I stated are easily seen but I’ll speciffically address public gatherings.

Maxine Waters, now a chairwoman in your party openly directed that conservatives be harassed in public. She stated that wherever they go, whatever they do they should be harassed she stated they shouldn’t be allowed to eat in peace, go to a movie etc...

Goverment bodies (city and state) are increasingly denying permitted assembly of “hate” groups more and more often based not on a denial of their constitutionally protected right to assemble but because of a lack of funds to monitor the events, secure the participants or sometimes the “danger to the public”. These are not precursors to having constitutional rights, yet they are denied permits for these reasons. If and when they do assemble the police are turned from public servants who ensure rights to government tools to prevent the assembly. Arrest are made forunlawful assembly and disrupting the peace.

As abhorrent as these groups may be it’s the democrats and media who excuse the rock throwing stick wielding counter protesters and place all violence related to the initial assembly on the original group.

If liberals and the media inflamed mobs who have to be held back, would simply go about their days, all 200 members of the hate groups would leave in 2 hours —- but they must be confronted right ? They must be made to understand they won’t be tolerated ! Screw the constitution!

Protest even by the Klan is a right that up until the last 10 years was protected. Why ? Because when you or I base rights upon who or what we like then those rights are in jeopardy for all of us.

Do the masses of liberals that take over city streets and shut down travel and commerce have permits ? Why is it that when liberals take to streets they aren’t met by rock throwing conservatives who amaze by the thousands to oppose them ?

every case of peaceful assembly of anti liberal Opionion is met by defiant liberals blocking something, there is absolutely no question that liberals are trying like hell to shut down any opposing thought — none, and they use mobs and propaganda to do it, without interference from elected democrats

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Before your rant, you originally said. "Time to use his position to declare the Democratic Party an enemy of the state, take/restrict their use of guns ( cause we know they shouldn’t have’em) ban their right to assemble, restrict their free speech and then investigate their elected leaders. Um on second thought, one party is already doing that, my bad."

Who is taking or restricting your or anybody's use of guns? Who is banning your right to assemble? Who is restricting your free speech?

And by the way, we are talking politics - if you consider it a rant then don’t read my post, they won’t stop just because you don’t like them

Deleted member 2897

Not only that but, it will probably bring impeachment asap due to abuse of power

You can try and impeach someone because you don’t like him (Democrats have filed paperwork to impeach him several times already), but it will never work. It’s best for your mental health to not hold onto that fantasy.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
With all due respect, you are conflating a few things.

First, yes Obama was the Republicans boogeyman.

However, Democrats did nothing on gun control and many other things, because they wasted (my term for it) 2 years on healthcare. You can simply listen to their activists and politicians though firbehat they’d LOVE to do.

Democrats haven’t passed anything to limit the first amendment because they can’t. But their behavior tells you all you need to know. If you say the wrong things out loud, they will harass you, sue you, defame you, and try to ruin your life. If you can look at the Covington kids and the cake bakers (just to give a few examples) and not see that, then there’s no point to a discussion. There are lawsuits, threats and more against people like this.
Of course they haven't limited anyone's first amendment because that would be unconstitutional. But we do live in a country in which it's citizens can disagree with anyone they want. Like the president can curse at NFL players peacefully protesting.
But do you actually believe the Democratic party is actively using their money and resources to sue and ruin the lives of anyone that "say the wrong things out loud? "
If so, you and most conservatives give the Democratic party too much credit.

Deleted member 2897

Of course they haven't limited anyone's first amendment because that would be unconstitutional. But we do live in a country in which it's citizens can disagree with anyone they want. Like the president can curse at NFL players peacefully protesting.
But do you actually believe the Democratic party is actively using their money and resources to sue and ruin the lives of anyone that "say the wrong things out loud? "

The Democrat PARTY, no. But Democrats, yes. It’s obvious. Look at the examples I gave just as a starting point. The last SCOTUS nominee was publicly accused of being a gang rapist on zero evidence. Sometimes people who give an opinion are attacked, but sometimes you don’t even have to do anything other than vote a particular way.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
You would literally have to be intentionally turning a blind eye to stated goals of liberals to ask that question.

In Every legislative session in democratic controlled bodies all over this country restrictions are passed or at least proposed, on gun possession and ownership. Gun ownership is the stated target of Sanders - the leading democratic candidate for president and as stated civil actions, many initiated by democratic mayors and governors have been filed against gun manufacturers as a way to control distribution.

The other things I stated are easily seen but I’ll speciffically address public gatherings.

Maxine Waters, now a chairwoman in your party openly directed that conservatives be harassed in public. She stated that wherever they go, whatever they do they should be harassed she stated they shouldn’t be allowed to eat in peace, go to a movie etc...

Goverment bodies (city and state) are increasingly denying permitted assembly of “hate” groups more and more often based not on a denial of their constitutionally protected right to assemble but because of a lack of funds to monitor the events, secure the participants or sometimes the “danger to the public”. These are not precursors to having constitutional rights, yet they are denied permits for these reasons. If and when they do assemble the police are turned from public servants who ensure rights to government tools to prevent the assembly. Arrest are made forunlawful assembly and disrupting the peace.

As abhorrent as these groups may be it’s the democrats and media who excuse the rock throwing stick wielding counter protesters and place all violence related to the initial assembly on the original group.

If liberals and the media inflamed mobs who have to be held back, would simply go about their days, all 200 members of the hate groups would leave in 2 hours —- but they must be confronted right ? They must be made to understand they won’t be tolerated ! Screw the constitution!

Protest even by the Klan is a right that up until the last 10 years was protected. Why ? Because when you or I base rights upon who or what we like then those rights are in jeopardy for all of us.

Do the masses of liberals that take over city streets and shut down travel and commerce have permits ? Why is it that when liberals take to streets they aren’t met by rock throwing conservatives who amaze by the thousands to oppose them ?

every case of peaceful assembly of anti liberal Opionion is met by defiant liberals blocking something, there is absolutely no question that liberals are trying like hell to shut down any opposing thought — none, and they use mobs and propaganda to do it, without interference from elected democrats
Something that you conservatives continue to fail to understand is that proposed gun control legislation doesn't take away your 2nd amendment rights. I know the right wing media tells you that but it's not true.

You conservatives have your Tea Party, Unite the Right, March for Life rallies. You are free to attend any of those rallies. So I don't know what you're talking about. Everyone in this country has freedom of speech, which means the government can't tell you what you can or cannot say. Maybe you don't have a great understanding of the 1st amendment. Also citizens have the right to peacefully counter protest and strongly disagree with you and your opinions. I guess you don't like that part.
You still haven't proven to me your claim that the Democratic party is restricting or banning your 1st amendment rights. Has Maxine Waters or Nancy Pelosi knocked down your door and arrested you for supporting Trump?

Deleted member 2897

Something that you conservatives continue to fail to understand is that proposed gun control legislation doesn't take away your 2nd amendment rights. I know the right wing media tells you that but it's not true.

You conservatives have your Tea Party, Unite the Right, March for Life rallies. You are free to attend any of those rallies. So I don't know what you're talking about. Everyone in this country has freedom of speech, which means the government can't tell you what you can or cannot say. Maybe you don't have a great understanding of the 1st amendment. Also citizens have the right to peacefully counter protest and strongly disagree with you and your opinions. I guess you don't like that part.
You still haven't proven to me your claim that the Democratic party is restricting or banning your 1st amendment rights. Has Maxine Waters or Nancy Pelosi knocked down your door and arrested you for supporting Trump?

If only your opinions like this weren’t in the minority on the left, we’d all be better off.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
The Democrat PARTY, no. But Democrats, yes. It’s obvious. Look at the examples I gave just as a starting point. The last SCOTUS nominee was publicly accused of being a gang rapist on zero evidence. Sometimes people who give an opinion are attacked, but sometimes you don’t even have to do anything other than vote a particular way.
Yeah. Just like when the right wingers accused Obama of not being born here and being a radical Muslim. Or when the right accused the Clintons of murder. Or when the right accused the Democrats were running a child sex slave ring from a pizza place.

Deleted member 2897

Yeah. Just like when the right wingers accused Obama of not being born here and being a radical Muslim. Or when the right accused the Clintons of murder. Or when the right accused the Democrats were running a child sex slave ring from a pizza place.

Sex slave ring LOLOLOL. You’ll always find loony toons on either side of the aisle. But finding large mobs of people going after every day Democrats in the street and trying to slander them and ruin their lives? Nope.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, this isn’t exactly true. You’re probably not aware of Operation Chokepoint which was finally killed by the Maniac in 2017. When Obama could not pass much in the way of gun control legislation he turned to different tactics to attack gun owners and people in the business. This was just one of many programs,it was not the ONLY program.

Operation Chokepoint worked thru the banking sector to limit access to small business loans, etc for companies on the “high risk” list. Now the intent of the original program was to target money laundering of illicit activities (drugs, fraud, etc). When small business firearm merchants, etc were added to this list the full power of the Federal Government was brought to bear on these people.

Does this sound familiar, using the full force of the Federal Government to abuse our citizens? We’ve been using government for a decade now to coerce law abiding citizens into compliance with the underlying social agendas, compelling false testimony, etc. We have used the IRS, the FBI, etc into attacking citizens using threats & intimidation. The cost of fighting back is prohibitive & the person being attacked has no real avenue other than comply. If this type of behavior being encouraged by the Executive & Legislative branches of government to use the Judiciary in unconstitutional ways does not shock & anger you than I really do not know what to say.
Gun sellers and the gun lobby thrived under Obama. Nothing that he did hurt them at all and you know it. Now gun sales are in sharp decline since Trump got in office. I'm sure gun sales will go back up again whenever we have another Democratic president.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Sex slave ring LOLOLOL. You’ll always find loony toons on either side of the aisle. But finding large mobs of people going after every day Democrats in the street and trying to slander them and ruin their lives? Nope.
I still think you give Democrats too much power and credit. But if you are caught on camera in 2019 saying racial epithets or saying how you don't like gay people, of course there is going to be a large number of people who are going to call you out on that. Because most people aren't racist or homophobic. They may even complain to your employer. And they have the right to do that. Your employer has the right to fire you if they think your outspoken views is going to hurt their business. That's the free market. Right?

Deleted member 2897

I still think you give Democrats too much power and credit. But if you are caught on camera in 2019 saying racial epithets or saying how you don't like gay people, of course there is going to be a large number of people who are going to call you out on that. Because most people aren't racist or homophobic. They may even complain to your employer. And they have the right to do that. Your employer has the right to fire you if they think your outspoken views is going to hurt their business. That's the free market. Right?

We’re not taking about people using racial epithets or saying they don’t like gay people. I was going to give you credit for being a good guy, but now you’re sounding like the rest. The Covington kids didn’t utter a single bad or degrading word. Neither did the famous cake baker. This entire argument is about people who have a difference of opinion. But YOU guys brand those who think differently as bigots and racists and that is just ridiculously sad. We’re not talking about actual racists and bigots. Sad.

Deleted member 2897

By the way, it doesn’t excuse people using the full force of the federal government to invent a hoax about Russia to keep Trump out of power...but I do see the irony that he was one of the chief purveyors of the birther hoax to hurt Obama. You reap what you sow. And you can bet when these people first started all this spying and surveillance some of them had revenge on their minds.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re not taking about people using racial epithets or saying they don’t like gay people. I was going to give you credit for being a good guy, but now you’re sounding like the rest. The Covington kids didn’t utter a single bad or degrading word. Neither did the famous cake baker. This entire argument is about people who have a difference of opinion. But YOU guys brand those who think differently as bigots and racists and that is just ridiculously sad.
I didn't say the Covington kids said racists things or the cake bakers said they don't like gay people. I was just giving a basic example.
Them being called by some people a racist or bigot is just an opinion.You can agree with it or not. Like when some of you conservatives say that all liberals are baby killers, unAmerican, hate the Constitution, and want rampant crime in the streets. I can tell you that it's not true but you can still have your opinion.
Democrats and Republicans have always had a difference of opinion throughout this country's history but they ultimately agreed that we are all Americans and want whats best for this country. But that has changed.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Gun sellers and the gun lobby thrived under Obama. Nothing that he did hurt them at all and you know it. Now gun sales are in sharp decline since Trump got in office. I'm sure gun sales will go back up again whenever we have another Democratic president.
Yes, gun sales were way up. The big money will figure out a way to make money even in the most difficult climates, they may not make as much as they could. What I’m referring to is the systematic unconstitutional targeting of legitimate businesses that lack the resources to fight back and/or defend themselves against hostile attacks by their own government. Obama reclassified common bullet types to make users of that ammo for handguns and rifles unavailable to the general public, he directed the Center for DiseaseControl to research tactics to reduce availability of guns, etc.

Where I cry fowl is we have a system of government, we elect people to office to pass laws, etc. If you want to change policy, elect enough of your side to pass the types of laws you want. As long as they are consitutional it’s fine with me. Do not use Executive Orders which are in essence similar to what you’d find in a totalitarian state, direct nor enable the Judicial branch to circumvent laws to further your causes which makes us like a banana republic dictatorship, etc. It has gotten out of control Government is way too big & powerful. The rights of law abiding citizens are being trampled because we don’t agree with them. We want to guarantee outcomes, not preserve freedoms. People are using the flimsiest of rationales to support their agendas with little to no review of the actual policies, what they mean or whether or not they make sense. Neither side of the political aisle seems to care. The media feeds the fire in order to sell more advertising. It is a dangerous time for our great nation.

Deleted member 2897

I didn't say the Covington kids said racists things or the cake bakers said they don't like gay people. I was just giving a basic example.
Them being called by some people a racist or bigot is just an opinion.You can agree with it or not. Like when some of you conservatives say that all liberals are baby killers, unAmerican, hate the Constitution, and want rampant crime in the streets. I can tell you that it's not true but you can still have your opinion.
Democrats and Republicans have always had a difference of opinion throughout this country's history but they ultimately agreed that we are all Americans and want whats best for this country. But that has changed.

You're still missing the point, and I'm not sure how. I hope I don't ever call you those things. But if I do, you can just choose to ignore them. And vice versa. What we're complaining about is the mob mentality where when someone says something you don't like, you try to get them fired from their job and ruin their lives. That's what this thread has been about. I don't think anybody begrudges someone else from having an opinion. That's the whole point. Let people have a differing opinion without trying to ruin their lives.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

The Democratic Party has the responsibility of doing exactly what you hold the Republican Party to. Rather than Maxine encouraging the harassment of elected officials in the opposition party they should be respecting the constitutional right to have another viewpoint, AS A POLITICAL PARTY.

Maxine and actual officials are violating there constitutional duties and oaths by promoting exactly what you say they aren’t doing, suppressing rights.

They also have a duty to inform the public as to actual constitutional rights NOT promoting the blocking of those rights.

In that they should have condemned the Charlotte violence in whole. The racist can be called out without excusing the counter protesters attempts to block the racist assembly.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

It is very interesting to me that democrats see Trump as a threat yet had no problem with Obama outright making DACA law on his own, continuing the droning program and the democrats forcing a purchasing mandates on us ( without even reading the law according to Pelosi) and none of that was considered abuse of power, now executive orders and building walls is