Pre Fall: Projected Depth Chart

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t sleep on Singleton at WR either. Would not be surprised to see him be in the 2 deep or even start at some point this year
This, he's the fastest WR on the team and should be a stud! Major get at the last minute for the class. I believe Auby and Texas A&M were trying to get him as well.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
These aren’t necessarily in order of depth, more so this is our depth and who I think will “travel.”

Quarterback
Zach Pyron 6’3 213
Haynes King 6’3 205
Zach Gibson 6’3 211

Notes: I think we’ll be in a good position with whoever emerges between Pyron and King. They seem kinda even to me at the moment. Pyron is somewhat of the incumbent, looked good in spring, and is a tough sob. King brings in more starts, snaps, and production from his time at A&M. I think Gibson has proven to be a serviceable backup if we have to go to the 3rd man. We’ve seen how quick that can happen.

Wide Receiver
Dominick Blaylock 6’1 205
Malik Rutherford 5’9 155
Christian Leary 5’10 175
Avery Boyd 6’2 230
DJ Moore 6’1 187
Abdul Janneh 6’3 180
Chase Lane 6’0 185
Jamal Haynes 5’9 180
James Blackstrain 6’2 188

Notes: Really excited about this group. Who are the first 3? Leary’s really the only one of the transfers who doesn’t bring a whole lot of production from the previous stop, but he may be the best of the bunch, was just buried on a talented roster at Alabama. Wish we had Leo.

Running Back
Dontae Smith 5’11 203
Tre Cooley 5’10 200
Jamie Felix 5’10 204
Evan Dickens 5’11 180
Daylon Gordon 5’9 185

Notes: Dontae, Tre, then I dunno after that. I think Evan may emerge.

Tight End
Dylan Leonard 6’5 238
Brett Seither 6’5 228
Billy Ward 6’4 246
Luke Benson 6’4 236
Jackson Long 6’3 230

Notes: This has definitely been a position of weakness since we left the 3O. I think Buster will find his 1-3 guys outta this bunch. I think any of Dylan, Brett, Billy, Luke can do it. Jackson is young. Brett is a mystery. Could be the TE room’s version of Leary. The 3rd guy behind two of the nation’s best TEs at uga.

Offensive Line
Corey Robinson 6’5 294
Joe Fusile 6’6 316
Westin Franklin 6’4 305
Connor Scaglione 6’4 305
Jordan Williams 6’6 312
Jakiah Leftwich 6’6 311
Paul Tchio 6’5 314
Jordan Brown 6’5 320
Brandon Best 6’4 311
Tyler Gibson 6’5 301

Notes: I think it’ll go LT Robinson, LG Fusile, C Franklin, and some rendition of Williams with Leftwich or Scaglione on the right side, with Williams definitely in there and potentially at RG. I think Scaglione spent time at both RG and RT at Princeton. Tchio and Brown could also end up in there somewhere. I bet we also have a freshman emerge somewhere as depth. We need this group to step up this year.

If I have to guess the starters today…
QB: Pyron
RB: Smith
WR: Blaylock
WR: Leary
WR: Rutherford
TE: Leonard
LT: Robinson
LG: Fusile
C: Franklin
RG: Williams
RT: Scaglione

I’ll post the defense later.
I'm a bit concerned at RB.Who is the 3rd down and 2 yds grunt in a bull rush.Look at the weights of our guys. .The LB K Efford was a bull at RB in hi school.Could help if given chance..

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm a bit concerned at RB.Who is the 3rd down and 2 yds grunt in a bull rush.Look at the weights of our guys. .The LB K Efford was a bull at RB in hi school.Could help if given chance..
I think we’ve used Felix as a short yard ram before and looked okay.
Agree on Efford. I hope we can plug him in some soon, he looked so talented.

Jolly Good Fellow
These aren’t necessarily in order of depth, more so this is our depth and who I think will “travel.”

Quarterback
Zach Pyron 6’3 213
Haynes King 6’3 205
Zach Gibson 6’3 211

Notes: I think we’ll be in a good position with whoever emerges between Pyron and King. They seem kinda even to me at the moment. Pyron is somewhat of the incumbent, looked good in spring, and is a tough sob. King brings in more starts, snaps, and production from his time at A&M. I think Gibson has proven to be a serviceable backup if we have to go to the 3rd man. We’ve seen how quick that can happen.

Wide Receiver
Malik Rutherford 5’9 155
Christian Leary 5’10 175
Avery Boyd 6’2 230
DJ Moore 6’1 187
Abdul Janneh 6’3 180
Chase Lane 6’0 185
Jamal Haynes 5’9 180

Notes: Really excited about this group. Who are the first 3? Leary’s really the only one of the transfers who doesn’t bring a whole lot of production from the previous stop, but he may be the best of the bunch, was just buried on a talented roster at Alabama. Wish we had Leo.

Running Back
Dontae Smith 5’11 203
Tre Cooley 5’10 200
Jamie Felix 5’10 204
Evan Dickens 5’11 180
Daylon Gordon 5’9 185

Tight End
Dylan Leonard 6’5 238
Brett Seither 6’5 228
Billy Ward 6’4 246
Luke Benson 6’4 236
Jackson Long 6’3 230

Notes: This has definitely been a position of weakness since we left the 3O. I think Buster will find his 1-3 guys outta this bunch. I think any of Dylan, Brett, Billy, Luke can do it. Jackson is young. Brett is a mystery. Could be the TE room’s version of Leary. The 3rd guy behind two of the nation’s best TEs at uga.

Offensive Line
Corey Robinson 6’5 294
Joe Fusile 6’6 316
Westin Franklin 6’4 305
Connor Scaglione 6’4 305
Jordan Williams 6’6 312
Jakiah Leftwich 6’6 311
Paul Tchio 6’5 314
Jordan Brown 6’5 320
Brandon Best 6’4 311
Tyler Gibson 6’5 301

Notes: I think it’ll go LT Robinson, LG Fusile, C Franklin, and some rendition of Williams with Leftwich or Scaglione on the right side, with Williams definitely in there and potentially at RG. I think Scaglione spent time at both RG and RT at Princeton. Tchio and Brown could also end up in there somewhere. I bet we also have a freshman emerge somewhere as depth. We need this group to step up this year.

Quarterback
Zach Pyron 6’3 213
Haynes King 6’3 205
Zach Gibson 6’3 211

Wide Receiver
Malik Rutherford 5’9 155
Christian Leary 5’10 175
Avery Boyd 6’2 230
DJ Moore 6’1 187
Abdul Janneh 6’3 180
Chase Lane 6’0 185
Jamal Haynes 5’9 180

Running Back
Dontae Smith 5’11 203
Tre Cooley 5’10 200
Jamie Felix 5’10 204
Evan Dickens 5’11 180
Daylon Gordon 5’9 185

Tight End
Dylan Leonard 6’5 238
Brett Seither 6’5 228
Billy Ward 6’4 246
Luke Benson 6’4 236
Jackson Long 6’3 230

Offensive Line
Corey Robinson 6’5 294
Joe Fusile 6’6 316
Westin Franklin 6’4 305
Connor Scaglione 6’4 305
Jordan Williams 6’6 312
Jakiah Leftwich 6’6 311
Paul Tchio 6’5 314
Jordan Brown 6’5 320
Brandon Best 6’4 311
Tyler Gibson 6’5 301

College football is all about QB play... no idea who starts but wouldn't surprise me if we play two QBs...alot....
Dominic Blaylock will be #1 target between LBs and underneath S's...
OL is always only as good as weakest link. I like our C and our OG's but jury still out about OT's... hope we pass protect with schemes to help these guys w/ RB's...
But...
GT football has ALWAYS been about our defense....which has uniformly sucked for last 50 years...when GT plays just OK D, we've won 7+..when we give up 30 a game, we win 5 or less...... We will score some pts...can we stop anyone on 3rd and 12?

PVdad

Georgia Tech Fan

Quarterback
Zach Pyron 6’3 213
Haynes King 6’3 205
Zach Gibson 6’3 211

Wide Receiver
Malik Rutherford 5’9 155
Christian Leary 5’10 175
Avery Boyd 6’2 230
DJ Moore 6’1 187
Abdul Janneh 6’3 180
Chase Lane 6’0 185
Jamal Haynes 5’9 180

Running Back
Dontae Smith 5’11 203
Tre Cooley 5’10 200
Jamie Felix 5’10 204
Evan Dickens 5’11 180
Daylon Gordon 5’9 185

Tight End
Dylan Leonard 6’5 238
Brett Seither 6’5 228
Billy Ward 6’4 246
Luke Benson 6’4 236
Jackson Long 6’3 230

Offensive Line
Corey Robinson 6’5 294
Joe Fusile 6’6 316
Westin Franklin 6’4 305
Connor Scaglione 6’4 305
Jordan Williams 6’6 312
Jakiah Leftwich 6’6 311
Paul Tchio 6’5 314
Jordan Brown 6’5 320
Brandon Best 6’4 311
Tyler Gibson 6’5 301

His last physical 3 weeks ago he was 6’4 (barefoot) and 224. He’s absolutely loving the new strength coach. Said he’s the strongest he’s ever felt and faster than ever.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
His last physical 3 weeks ago he was 6’4 (barefoot) and 224. He’s absolutely loving the new strength coach. Said he’s the strongest he’s ever felt and faster than ever.
Excited to see him play! And great to hear the strength staff is good…that is one of the most underrated aspects of cfb

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Lasr yr I loved his desire to compete and his effort to win and now his new strength , but we have got to keep that young man healthy and standing.So he will need to pick his battles with 235 lb LBs. lol

PVdad

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s a damn good training staff that can add 15lbs of muscle to a QB and grow them an inch taller. Stupendous!
Well considering he’s just 19, the extra inch isn’t all that shocking (insert jokes). Regarding weight gain, never claimed it was all muscle. My guess is he will play around 218-220 after 2 a days.

PVdad

Georgia Tech Fan
Lasr yr I loved his desire to compete and his effort to win and now his new strength , but we have got to keep that young man healthy and standing.So he will need to pick his battles with 235 lb LBs. lol
80C4A603-C79B-46BC-A48F-C2D67530B8D4.png

Don’t worry, mama is having these shirts made. 😂😂

oldgold1771

Georgia Tech Fan
College football is all about QB play... no idea who starts but wouldn't surprise me if we play two QBs...alot....
Dominic Blaylock will be #1 target between LBs and underneath S's...
OL is always only as good as weakest link. I like our C and our OG's but jury still out about OT's... hope we pass protect with schemes to help these guys w/ RB's...
But...
GT football has ALWAYS been about our defense....which has uniformly sucked for last 50 years...when GT plays just OK D, we've won 7+..when we give up 30 a game, we win 5 or less...... We will score some pts...can we stop anyone on 3rd and 12?
I am sorry but obviously you are forgetting the black watch and Tentua defenses which are in your 50 year span. We have been great at times I agree terrible most but when our D is great we are fun to watch. HOPEFULLY this team will be good. GREAT I do not see!