Pre Fall: Projected Depth Chart

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL
Thanks for reminding me of the 4 or 5 seasons where we played good defense...out of the last 50.....
My point was and is that it has always been about defense for GT....
Hope this years is another one of those...

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Waiting on that defensive analysis. Good job on the offense.

Go Jackets!
As you wish, Jerry.

One again, not necessarily in order of depth.

Interior
Makius Scott 6’4 295
Etinosa Reuben 6’3 295
Zeek Biggers 6’6 341
Horace Lockett 6’6 337
Jason Moore 6’2 291
D’Quon Douse 6’2 282

Notes: We have some bodies here. And experience. I think Scott and Douse got most of the starts last year. I’m most excited to see where Zeek and Horace are at in their development, mainly because they’re mammoths and I love trouble making mammoth linemen. Imagine lining up across from those two. Correct me if I’m wrong, Reuben lined up in Keion’s end spot a few times in spring didn’t he? Could be interesting.

Ends
Kyle Kennard 6’5 240
Eddie Kelly 6’4 274
Sylvain Yondjouen 6’4 257
Josh Robinson 6’6 259
Noah Collins 6’5 243
Kevin Harris 6’4 241

Notes: I think the first two are Kennard and Sylvain. Exited to see Eddie Kelly. He played a pretty good bit at USF last year as a true frosh. Side note: I think it’s interesting we have a couple of very young transfers coming from USF after we hire our strength coach from there. Maybe he tipped us off? Back to the ends…as with Zeek and Horace, I’m excited to see Josh and Noah really turn the corner. Long/big bodies causing problems on the edge. Still waiting on Kevin Harris to break out. Hopefully he does.

I think our DLine has the pieces to take a big step forward. Gotta fill Keion’s spot.

LBs
Andre White 6’3 235
Braelyn Oliver 6’0 230
Tren Tatum 6’2 216
Paul Moala 6’0 220
Austin Dean 6’2 225
Tyson Meiguez 6’2 216
Kyle Efford 6’2 230

Notes: Gotta replace a couple of great players and a lot of production here. I’m pleased with what we did in the portal. I think any two of White, Oliver, Tatum and Moala with be the first two. All transfers bring production and starts from their previous schools. Is this the deepest this room has been in a while? I know Tyson has been hampered a bit. Waiting on him and Efford to turn it on. Feel good about Kevin Sherrer coaching these guys up. Could be a really good group!

DBs
C Myles Sims 6’3 187
SS LaMiles Brooks 6’2 192
C Kenyatta Watson 6’1 185
FS Clayton Powell-Lee 6’2 175
FS Jaylon King 6’1 192
C Omar Daniels 6’0 178
N KJ Wallace 5’11 184
Sirad Bryant 6’2 208
C Ahmari Harvey 6’0 174
FS Khari Gee 6’2 202
C Kennan Johnson 6’1 180
Rodney Shelley 5’11 165

Notes: Even though I think I know the first 5, not sure after that. Who plays nickel behind KJ? Sirad? I think Myles and Kenyatta are starting corners. Transfer Daniels played a lot at corner as a fresh last year for Big 12 champ/Sugar Bowl Kansas State. LaMiles is locked in. Who starts at FS? Jaylon or Clayton. Jaylon was the guy last year before the injury. Clayton stepped up played well. Could be one of the best secondaries in the conference.

If we play tomorrow and I have to pick the starters…

DL Makius
DL Douse
DE Kennard
DE Sylvain
LB White
LB Oliver
C Sims
C Kenyatta
SS LaMiles
FS Jaylon
N KJ

Here’s a wildcard lineup that fires me up…

DL Zeek
DL Horace
DE Kennard
DE Reuben
LB White
LB Tatum
C Sims
C Daniels
SS LaMiles
FS Clayton
N KJ

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
It looks like the roster was updated with weights: https://ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/roster/

I don’t think these are accurate though. Pyron was listed at 213 in the spring and now 208? Corey Robinson at 275 now down from 294? Sylvain at 248 down from 257?

I’m wondering if they lowered them to make it seem like an even bigger jump when they update with the real weights

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It looks like the roster was updated with weights: https://ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/roster/

I don’t think these are accurate though. Pyron was listed at 213 in the spring and now 208? Corey Robinson at 275 now down from 294? Sylvain at 248 down from 257?

I’m wondering if they lowered them to make it seem like an even bigger jump when they update with the real weights

According to Pyron's dad, who posted just one page back, Zack was 224 at his physical 3+ weeks ago.

His last physical 3 weeks ago he was 6’4 (barefoot) and 224. He’s absolutely loving the new strength coach. Said he’s the strongest he’s ever felt and faster than ever.

Well considering he’s just 19, the extra inch isn’t all that shocking (insert jokes). Regarding weight gain, never claimed it was all muscle. My guess is he will play around 218-220 after 2 a days.

slugboy

Staff member
As you wish, Jerry.

One again, not necessarily in order of depth.

Interior
Makius Scott 6’4 295
Etinosa Reuben 6’3 295
Zeek Biggers 6’6 341
Horace Lockett 6’6 337
Jason Moore 6’2 291
D’Quon Douse 6’2 282

Notes: We have some bodies here. And experience. I think Scott and Douse got most of the starts last year. I’m most excited to see where Zeek and Horace are at in their development, mainly because they’re mammoths and I love trouble making mammoth linemen. Imagine lining up across from those two. Correct me if I’m wrong, Reuben lined up in Keion’s end spot a few times in spring didn’t he? Could be interesting.

Ends
Kyle Kennard 6’5 240
Eddie Kelly 6’4 274
Sylvain Yondjouen 6’4 257
Josh Robinson 6’6 259
Noah Collins 6’5 243
Kevin Harris 6’4 241

Notes: I think the first two are Kennard and Sylvain. Exited to see Eddie Kelly. He played a pretty good bit at USF last year as a true frosh. Side note: I think it’s interesting we have a couple of very young transfers coming from USF after we hire our strength coach from there. Maybe he tipped us off? Back to the ends…as with Zeek and Horace, I’m excited to see Josh and Noah really turn the corner. Long/big bodies causing problems on the edge. Still waiting on Kevin Harris to break out. Hopefully he does.

I think our DLine has the pieces to take a big step forward. Gotta fill Keion’s spot.

LBs
Andre White 6’3 235
Braelyn Oliver 6’0 230
Tren Tatum 6’2 216
Paul Moala 6’0 220
Austin Dean 6’2 225
Tyson Meiguez 6’2 216
Kyle Efford 6’2 230

Notes: Gotta replace a couple of great players and a lot of production here. I’m pleased with what we did in the portal. I think any two of White, Oliver, Tatum and Moala with be the first two. All transfers bring production and starts from their previous schools. Is this the deepest this room has been in a while? I know Tyson has been hampered a bit. Waiting on him and Efford to turn it on. Feel good about Kevin Sherrer coaching these guys up. Could be a really good group!

DBs
C Myles Sims 6’3 187
SS LaMiles Brooks 6’2 192
C Kenyatta Watson 6’1 185
FS Clayton Powell-Lee 6’2 175
FS Jaylon King 6’1 192
C Omar Daniels 6’0 178
N KJ Wallace 5’11 184
Sirad Bryant 6’2 208
C Ahmari Harvey 6’0 174
FS Khari Gee 6’2 202
C Kennan Johnson 6’1 180
Rodney Shelley 5’11 165

Notes: Even though I think I know the first 5, not sure after that. Who plays nickel behind KJ? Sirad? I think Myles and Kenyatta are starting corners. Transfer Daniels played a lot at corner as a fresh last year for Big 12 champ/Sugar Bowl Kansas State. LaMiles is locked in. Who starts at FS? Jaylon or Clayton. Jaylon was the guy last year before the injury. Clayton stepped up played well. Could be one of the best secondaries in the conference.

If we play tomorrow and I have to pick the starters…

DL Makius
DL Douse
DE Kennard
DE Sylvain
LB White
LB Oliver
C Sims
C Kenyatta
SS LaMiles
FS Jaylon
N KJ

Here’s a wildcard lineup that fires me up…

DL Zeek
DL Horace
DE Kennard
DE Reuben
LB White
LB Tatum
C Sims
C Daniels
SS LaMiles
FS Clayton
N KJ
I wonder if we might roll out the 3-3-6 in some games, or swap the nickel for a third LB in heavy run situations

If we do, who is the third LB? Are we Tatum, White, and Moala?