Pre Fall: Projected Depth Chart

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think Jordan Williams will remain at guard and Robinson and Leftwich will be the starting tackles with Gibson the primary backup there. I hope Scaglione can be a serviceable backup at Guard and possibly Tackle. I'm sure they think he can play since he only has one year of eligibility remaining.

Go Jackets!
Williams has officially moved to RT. Scaglione has supposedly pushed to be the starting guard and might be our best lineman.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That suprises me. Scaglione was not even here for spring training so he must be one hell of a workout warrior running demo reps that have moved the coaching staff to annoint him a starter even before a live scrimmage. I hope he is our best linemen becajuse if he is, he is pretty damn good.

Go Jackets!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
That suprises me. Scaglione was not even here for spring training so he must be one hell of a workout warrior running demo reps that have moved the coaching staff to annoint him a starter even before a live scrimmage. I hope he is our best linemen becajuse if he is, he is pretty damn good.

Go Jackets!
That's what's been reported. Fall camp can change a lot, but he's supposedly an NFL type body.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I heard Haynes is now a RB which is why I didn’t list him. On the OL I have also heard Scaglione and Fusile are expected starters at Guard which has pushed Williams back to RT to get the best 5 on the field. I think the OL will be rotational and a lot could change in fall camp. I personally thought Williams played better at RG last year.
Thanks for detailed posts.
On ol = do any of them have a shot at all acc 2nd, 3rd or honorable mention? For years the ol has had a deservedly bad reputation, so i doubt we get much preseason pub so unit may need to play this season well to attract attention of voters. I have enjoyed watching fusile progress.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I heard Haynes is now a RB which is why I didn’t list him. On the OL I have also heard Scaglione and Fusile are expected starters at Guard which has pushed Williams back to RT to get the best 5 on the field. I think the OL will be rotational and a lot could change in fall camp. I personally thought Williams played better at RG last year.
I really wish that Scaglione could not beat out one of the guards as he has only one yr,but my guess he is is good enough to do that. We can talk about the QBs,RBs,WRs all we want but if the OL doesn't meld/produce ,they won't either.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, me too and believe that's where he will end up. But … it'll be fruit basket turnover for the first few games until we get the best 7 sorted out. Williams at guard is, I think, a given, however.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Any 2024 freshman y’all see starting? Butler looks like a hitter

I do not see any starting but IMO Singleton is the lone freshman to not redshirt unless one or more, like Shelley last year, plays starting on STs'. I see 4 game playing time for Dickens and several others but we have enough depth ahead of the freshmen that I do not see anyone else rising to a start.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I expect Tatum to be starting at linebacker. He played a lot of downs put in yeoman's work last year backing up Thomas. In my mind, his play last year earned his place for this year. I don't want to believe that a transfer will beat him out.
I would not be surprised to see Tatum and Moala as the starting LBs. People get all excited about transfers, but Tatum is probably the most overlooked guy on the team.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I really wish that Scaglione could not beat out one of the guards as he has only one yr,but my guess he is is good enough to do that. We can talk about the QBs,RBs,WRs all we want but if the OL doesn't meld/produce ,they won't either.
It has taken 5 years, but we finally have a P5 OL. That, and an improvement of the assistants on O, is the main reason for optimism for 2023 (Chip Long was a real disappointment). The OL is not world beaters, but they will be competent--they haven't been for much of the last 4 years.

The D just needs to be as good as last year's, and that is my concern. Losing the LBs and White is significant. Hopefully the year of experience at other positions will make up for it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I do not see any starting but IMO Singleton is the lone freshman to not redshirt unless one or more, like Shelley last year, plays starting on STs'. I see 4 game playing time for Dickens and several others but we have enough depth ahead of the freshmen that I do not see anyone else rising to a start.
We are building depth that we hope will be loyal and not graduate early ot take portal.
A few Pitt years ago Pitt qb came back to chase the no 1 nfl pick. His entire OL was 5 year senior.
First Key got greatly respected Assistant coaches. They are bringing in foundational players. IN 2 YEARS WE COULD HAVE A QB THAT CAN ATTRACT BALLERS.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
confused bugs bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing that I think will be a big factor in WR snaps is ability to beat press coverage. Typically you would want bigger, stronger receivers on the line of scrimmage, but if some of our smaller speedier receivers can develop techniques to avoid getting jammed at the line, it will allow for greater personnel and formation flexibility.