Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I think Collins could do well here, he’s a good young defensive minded coach and has shown to be a good recruiter and promoter. Give a guy like that an innovative OC (I’m really liking DeBesse the more I look into him, and think he’d do very well with the talent on our roster) and you can really get things moving in the right direction with very little rebuilding time.
My thoughts exactly.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I think people are getting a little too hung up on the wins and losses with Collins. In 2015, Matt Rhule was 10-4 with Temple and they were rated as the 45th best team according to F/+ ratings. In 2016, Matt Rhule and Temple were also 10-4 and rated at 36. Under Collins they have been 71 (2017) and 33 (2018). They took a dip when Geoff Collins took over (generally expected), but only offensively after losing their senior QB and RB dynamic duo. What's impressive to me is that they were able to maintain a high defensive rating (top 30) despite losing 4 of their top 5 tacklers (7 out of 10) to graduation after 2016. Geoff Collins has been nominated for the Broyles award at FIU, Mississippi State, and Florida; the only coach to have been nominated at three different programs. The guy knows defense and that's where we have struggled for years. Hiring him would ensure that our defense will be stout, while giving us flexibility on offensive scheme.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not the AD but I'm going to talk to this coach It would help with recruiting

th

I'll let you know how it goes.
This will help us get Lane KIFFIN

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Have you seen K Briles OFEI rankings as OC.

I'd pay him $700K+ to be my OC. We paid Roof $800K/yr to stink so I'm sure GT would be okay paying a little more for a guy to put up CPJ numbers in a recruit and fan friendly offense.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Collins better than Whisenhunt, that’s for sure. I like Elliott better.
I don’t understand you people KW is considered one of if not the best offensive minds in football and some w you people want to hire these coaches that the best they will be is a 6&6 coach if they are lucky. K W may fail at GT but he has a lot more experience than these people you all are coming up with he’ll why not just go hire farmer Fred .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Something tells me 5 years from now, GT is gonna regret not taking Satterfield more seriously. We'll get to witness his abilities first hand in the ACC.

Are you assuming that he is better than our new guy? Who we don't know even know who he/she is yet?

Someone that knows Tony Elliott should pass this career advice along to him...he needs to leave Clemson, where he is comfortable IF he wants to move up. He needs (professionally) to distance himself from the idea that he is successful because of where he is, not who he is.

WTBS, I have always admired a guy like Bud Foster, he gets into a comfortable spot, gets paid well and says to hell with it, I'm happy where I'm at doing what I do. I've seen a lot of guys do the whole Icarus thing professionally instead of staying in a place where they were happy. I guess it really depends on the individual and what they want out of their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.