Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Collins does bounce around a lot. He also did some dirty pool recruiting against GT. His record at Temple in two years is 15-10 so he's not exactly killing it in Philadelphia. He know the area and GT, so he is a fit. The offense at Temple isn't innovative but it is a spread.

Temple has averaged 35 points a game this season which is pretty damn good;):):cool::smuggrin:

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I agree with some on here asking where all the hype for Collins is coming from, cause I don’t get it. Yes 7 and 8 wins Temple is really good, but what about the guy he replaced at temple? Oh he just went back to back 10 win seasons and 7-1 in their conference while Collins 7-6 overall and 4-4 in conf. In 17 and this year he is 8-4 and 7-1. Again good numbers at Temple but how much is them him and how much is that the previous coach getting the train on the right track. I think i’m A pass on him

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Temple has averaged 35 points a game this season which is pretty damn good;):):cool::smuggrin:

A "low light" in the schedule - they lost to Villanova 19-17. YUCK Of course, Villanova is FCS, and they only won 5 games total. They lost to Maine and were shut out by New Hampshire.

Probably the best loss of the 4 Temple had was to BC - they only lost 45-35. Kind of scary that Villanova could hold them to 17, but they scored 35 against the vaunted BC defense. :)

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with some on here asking where all the hype for Collins is coming from, cause I don’t get it. Yes 7 and 8 wins Temple is really good, but what about the guy he replaced at temple? Oh he just went back to back 10 win seasons and 7-1 in their conference while Collins 7-6 overall and 4-4 in conf. In 17 and this year he is 8-4 and 7-1. Again good numbers at Temple but how much is them him and how much is that the previous coach getting the train on the right track. I think i’m A pass on him
Temple lost to a terrible villinova team this year. And lost to buffalo, who were pretty good, but they are still buffalo. That concerns me. I'd prefer not to have anymore MTSU and Kansas disasters.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Agreed. But I sure as hell would take him over Whiz so I wasn't gonna complain.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Collins is the best candidate that has been linked or rumored for the job, IMO. If TStan has someone up his sleeve that is even better, I would be willing to change my opinion.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
A "low light" in the schedule - they lost to Villanova 19-17. YUCK

Probably the best loss of the 4 they had was to BC - they only lost 45-35. Kind of scary that Villanova could hold them to 17, but they scored 35 against the vaunted BC defense. :)

Temple is in the AAC, which is a pretty good conference. UCF, Memphis, Houston, USF, Cincy, etc. Those have been pretty good teams in recent years.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Ya'll are picking apart his record at Temple when he is in year 2? Its not all about his record as HC because he just started. He has other relevant experience and recruiting is key here.
Just saying I have concerns. I wouldn't have a big issue with the hire though as long as he's determined to be the best for the job after interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.