Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
One reason KW may be a good fit if because he is a very good offensive mind. The new coach, most probably, will have to take a bunch of players who were recruited to play in the 3O,
and use them in a different offense. It will take someone very experienced in designing an offense to do that transition, and not take 2-3 years to do so. This is assuming we are going
away from a 3O.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
One reason KW may be a good fit if because he is a very good offensive mind. The new coach, most probably, will have to take a bunch of players who were recruited to play in the 3O,
and use them in a different offense. It will take someone very experienced in designing an offense to do that transition, and not take 2-3 years to do so. This is assuming we are going
away from a 3O.

Gus malzahn wins 8 or 9 year 1 with his O and our current roster. Same that pj would win next year. Not all transitions are equal

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
away from a 3O.
I hope he gets hired by the Packers(y)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One reason KW may be a good fit if because he is a very good offensive mind. The new coach, most probably, will have to take a bunch of players who were recruited to play in the 3O, and use them in a different offense. It will take someone very experienced in designing an offense to do that transition, and not take 2-3 years to do so. This is assuming we are going
away from a 3O.

Mariota's reaction to your post with regard to KW:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Still no word ?

th

One more please

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
So let’s ignore the fact DMorg said he hopes KW gets the job. Just to clarify - I’m not saying he’s my first choice but I can see the positives and just want us to support the next coach without all the bashing.
The majority of people will chill and make their peace once the choice is made. But it's an internet fan board. Jerks like me get on here to express our second rate opinions with other jerks. KW is a 56 year old man who's been fired from two NFL jobs. I'm sure he can take a little criticism.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have learned through an unreliable anonymous source with a limited connection that our next coach will come from California, FWIW.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The majority of people will chill and make their peace once the choice is made. But it's an internet fan board. Jerks like me get on here to express our second rate opinions with other jerks. KW is a 56 year old man who's been fired from two NFL jobs. I'm sure he can take a little criticism.

Before social media, fans pretty much had to bend to the will of ADs and powerful donors. Not that social media is just as important as the press, fans are empowered and have more of a voice. IMO, that's a good thing since we're the ones that fill the stadium and pay for tickets.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Agree! He reminds me of O’Leary. And didn’t he succeed Bobby Ross at Army?

I almost forgot Ross coached Army. Many here consider Ross to be our best coach in the modern era. And think “academy” success doesn’t translate to Tech. So.....how did Ross do at Army?

We all really know it’s just a hate of the 3-O, based on misunderstanding of the scheme, fueling the opposition to an academy coach.

Tech will never run the 3-O widely ever again imo. Too much false stigma taken as fact. Any who like that scheme will have to follow CPJ’s disciples wherever they are or end up at.

As for the next coach here. Regardless of scheme, haters are gonna hate. The same fans that yelled “Fire Roof”, “Fire Sewak”, “Fire CPJ”, “TStan is blowing this”.....will do the same with the next regime. Not because they know a damn thing factually, just because they don’t like the results and assume “anyone” would do better.

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I almost forgot Ross coaches Army. Many here consider Ross to be our best coach in the modern era. And think “academy” success doesn’t translate to Tech. So.....how did Ross do at Army?

We all really know it’s just a hate of the 3-O, based on misunderstanding of the scheme, fueling the opposition to an academy coach.

Tech will never run the 3-O widely ever again imo. Too much false stigma taken as fact. Any who like that scheme will have to follow CPJ’s disciples wherever they are or end up at.

As for the next coach here. Regardless of scheme, haters are gonna hate. The same fans that yelled “Fire Roof”, “Fire Sewak”, “Fire CPJ”, “TStan is blowing this”.....will do the same with the next regime. Not because they know a damn thing factually, just because they don’t like the results and assume “anyone” would do better.
That's what fans of virtually every FBS school do online on message boards..............................just sayin';)

Status
Not open for further replies.