Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Take this for what it's worth, but a friend with an inside source, says the Whiz deal was all smoke and mirrors, and that Collins is the man. I know nothing at all about Collins, but as long as it's not Whiz, I think I can deal with it.
How reliable is the source? Or is it just info from the Rivals message board?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if Collins would bring Dave Patenaude, his OC? He used to be OC at Coastal Carolina. I wonder what kind of plays they ran?

giphy.gif
Poor effort by the WR on the edge. Brad would have sealed that. :)

GT_EE78

Banned
I'm still all on it. Should be the only guy considered at this point. Maybe collins
If it's elliot, I'm gonna need that meeting with John Collins. Why not swing for the fences by making offers to successful guys like Meyer and Spurrier. I'd even be willing to throw in TStans job as bait. Ya can't hit a homer if ya don't swing. but ya can hire a Homer (simpson) by not swinging.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If it's elliot, I'm gonna need that meeting with John Collins. Why not swing for the fences by making offers to successful guys like Meyer and Spurrier. I'd even be willing to throw in TStans job as bait. Ya can't hit a homer if ya don't swing. but ya can hire a Homer (simpson) by not swinging.
I would go to a meeting with Barnabas Collins for TStan to hire Geoff Collins as head football coach;)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the link. I like this poster's statement, in response to the question "Why would GT pass on Whisenhunt and take Collins?":
"Because he is 56 and hasn't been around the college game in 20+ years. If you want to rebrand and pump new life in your program Wisenhunt is not your answer (in my opinion). Can he recruit? GT needs rebranding/marketing. I don't think he brings that. Collins checks many boxes. Hope I'm wrong...."

Exactly what a lot of us are saying.
Which one of you went over to Temple board to post a pro GC comment relative to KW? ...only to have it quoted back over here. Man...the lengths we go to in order to feel correct (all tic).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If it is Collins I would like @BossRoss to upload the video of the crow that he eats. I'd recommend brining it for a day or two first, I'm imagining crow is probably not the best tasting bird. Maybe pan fry it with some form of pecan crust in some brown butter.
I think @Boss Ross was full of smoke the entire time. Maybe he thinks he knows someone influential, but I kinda doubt it.....

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok after 150 page here is what I know...…………………………………….. Nothing I got absolutely nothing ……….. I feel the same way when I studied a good long hard 5 minute's ( Look I was busy) for a test and started to read each question to start with the ones I knew first. After read all the questions I knew I needed to drop that class.

But after 150 pages you would think I had an idea Nope old Stech 81 has nothing. Piss on it it's 4 pm I going to start drinking again . Wake me up when we have a coach I'm sure I can fine something I don't like about him. But I'll be fair and give me one game to win me over ( Too bad it will be Clemson )

Status
Not open for further replies.