Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Agree on not getting a seasoned P5 but I think we should be able to get a higher G5 coach ie Frost, or Satterfield types. I just think he needs time at a bigger G5 before jumping to us. Since Urban myer is in the news I will use him as an example. He was at BG then Utah and then UF. I think Collins needs that Utah type school before coming to us.
A hiring lesson given me when I thought I knew everything about hiring: You need to learn the difference between 10 years of experience and one year of experience 10 times. We're always better off to get a guy on the upper slope than at the summit, because it is down from there. Find a good one, grab him and deal with the learning curve.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
#1) The 20-30 yo's who don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
You are wrong about those of us in our 30s st least. I’m 32. Us mid-30s people saw Chan’s mediocrity and the entirety of the CPJ era. As a fan since childhood I’ve also seen mediocre years in the mid-90s and the successes of the late 90s. I think we are just weary of 7 consecutive losses to the dawgs and Chan’s uninspired offense.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
You are wrong about those of us in our 30s st least. I’m 32. Us mid-30s people saw Chan’s mediocrity and the entirety of the CPJ era. As a fan since childhood I’ve also seen mediocre years in the mid-90s and the successes of the late 90s. I think we are just weary of 7 consecutive losses to the dawgs and Chan’s uninspired offense.

I agree. I remember watching Chans team thinking, they were poorly under utilizing the kids. This was in high school I was thinking this. Poor Calvin.. he could of set unbeatable NCAA records if we played to our strengths and could recruit a QB worth a darn.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
A hiring lesson given me when I thought I knew everything about hiring: You need to learn the difference between 10 years of experience and one year of experience 10 times. We're always better off to get a guy on the upper slope than at the summit, because it is down from there. Find a good one, grab him and deal with the learning curve.
I know it’s not happening, but if Saban said you know what I need a new challenge I want to go to GT you would turn him down. Cause he is at the summit. Collins in my opinion would need to have a great season at temple for me to want him.

GT_EE78

Banned
Fixed it for you*

My conclusions after the last several days on this thread are that there are a high percentage of posters on this site that fall into two groups;
#1) The 20-30 yo's who grew up in an age where football is the most widely watched sport and who actually know who Geoff Collins and Tony Collins are.
#2) The whiner crowd that say poor pitiful GT will never be able to compete unless we run a TO offense to even the playing field and who think that 20-30 yo's don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
Sheesh ???
I may not know who Geoff Collins and Tony Collins are, but if they're related to Tom Collins or John Collins they must be fine fellas.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
With tin-foil hat securely affixed to my head:
Tstan offers KW and it gets accidentally(on purpose) leaked. The KW gets a large raise and donates a large portion of his yearly raise to GT. All part of the plan. Tstan never intended on giving KW the HC job, it was all a ploy to get KW a raise and get GT a yearly sizeable donation.:cigar:

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That was Brent Key. Haven’t heard that about Collins.
same for 68 year olds

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
With tin-foil hat securely affixed to my head:
Tstan offers KW and it gets accidentally(on purpose) leaked. The KW gets a large raise and donates a large portion of his yearly raise to GT. All part of the plan. Tstan never intended on giving KW the HC job, it was all a ploy to get KW a raise and get GT a yearly sizeable donation.:cigar:
I like your thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.