Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just want this conjecture to end. Kansas job just opened up and our recruiting class if just hanging out there. TStan is going us a large disservice by dragging this out. I get he had other responsibilities this weekend with the playoff committee but he needs to get his *** in gear pronto today. This thing needs to be done Friday so we can get a staff done and get recruiting.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I just want this conjecture to end. Kansas job just opened up and our recruiting class if just hanging out there. TStan is going us a large disservice by dragging this out. I get he had other responsibilities this weekend with the playoff committee but he needs to get his *** in gear pronto today. This thing needs to be done Friday so we can get a staff done and get recruiting.
When Ken Whisenhunt turns TStan down and TStan is twiddling his thumbs for a while afterwards it will mean that KW was the only candidate he had in mind. If and when that happens the GT head coaching search will probably devolve into a huge clusterfark.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

How is he dragging this out? Didn’t PJ just announce like 5 days ago? LOLOLOLOL

joehamlovechild

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ve talked to dozens of Tech fans this past week and there is not a single one behind Whiz. Granted none are what I would say top donors so I guess our opinion doesn’t matter.

We have a chance, for once, to make a splash hire that gets the national media’s attention, and all signs point to us janking it up. It was getting harder and harder to renew season tickets because of declining performance on the field, but mostly because of busy girls soccer schedules on Saturdays... noon games are impossible for me to get to. But if we hire Whiz, my first call is to the ticket office to cancel my tickets.

We need to flood the ADs email.

Deleted member 2897

I didn’t say he is currently dragging this out. Read it again. I implied if it goes past this week I think at that it’s getting to the drag out stage.

No, you read it LOL. That’s not what you said.

And I for one hope it’s not done by this Friday. We need to interview 3-5 people, do a background check, negotiate an offer etc.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
When Ken Whisenhunt turns TStan down and TStan is twiddling his thumbs for a while afterwards it will mean that KW was the only candidate he had in mind. If and when that happens the GT head coaching search will probably devolve into a huge clusterfark.

Nah, we ain't Tennessee. :cigar:

(How many times you gonna set that joke up?)

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, this about that: a Whisenhunt hire would unite the fan base. Everybody toward the exits.

Meh. If he proves me wrong I'll shut up, but I'm allowed to say that KW would be a disaster hire given the position we're in this year.

No one anywhere gives him credit for the Chargers offense, and everything he's done at his previous jobs doesn't inspire confidence.
Then I would find a new team.

I’ve talked to dozens of Tech fans this past week and there is not a single one behind Whiz. Granted none are what I would say top donors so I guess our opinion doesn’t matter.

We have a chance, for once, to make a splash hire that gets the national media’s attention, and all signs point to us janking it up. It was getting harder and harder to renew season tickets because of declining performance on the field, but mostly because of busy girls soccer schedules on Saturdays... noon games are impossible for me to get to. But if we hire Whiz, my first call is to the ticket office to cancel my tickets.

We need to flood the ADs email.
Great job supporting the Institute? We have to trust the process.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've already stated my case for Monken, Elliott, etc. I wouldn't be a fan of a KW hire for several reasons.

However, is the gnashing of teeth in this thread really necessary yet? Where is the confirmation KW is the leader, other than internet rumors? Did I miss a TStan quote?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I've already stated my case for Monken, Elliott, etc. I wouldn't be a fan of a KW hire for several reasons.

However, is the gnashing of teeth in this thread really necessary yet? Where is the confirmation KW is the leader, other than internet rumors? Did I miss a TStan quote?

he is undoubtedly the first interview. Not sure if that means he is the leader, but you normally would interview front runners first.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Trust and GT??? hmmm.....

Eggsactly. Coach hiring has been the least trustworthy process at GT.

I mean, we can only lol at the UGA choke-job (the UGag?) in so many threads. Gotta talk about somethin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.