Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I hope whoever ponys up the money to hire him keeps the checkbook open for a highly paid OC. The pro-style scheme he knows has a proven history of failure at GT.

Better hire a few bagmen too...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why is everybody assuming that Ken Whisenhunt is getting hired? I'm about to have to go pour some whiskey in my coffee to deal with all of this internet hysteria.

because thats how tech works. When we have the opportunity to take a big swing and make a splash we purposely don't. We find the ultra bland, conservative and boring route. We find a way to grab defeat from the jaws of victory on the field and off the field constantly, and continue to rinse and repeat.

not to mention he is there right now, and if the rumor of him staying until tomorrow is true, there is a reason for that as well.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Dear TS,

This is real simple Todd. If Whisenhunt wasn't an alum, your former teammate and friend would he even be given a passing thought for the job? Let me answer that for you. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now go hire us a ****ing coach that has a chance to succeed at the collegiate level immediately. We don't have the time and energy as a fan base and you don't have the money at your disposal for a repeat of the Gailey years or heaven forbid the Curry years. Screw that ****.
Sincerely,
Your fan base

P.S. Get your head out of your *** and fight back against the corrupt ACC that continues to screw your athletic teams on a regular basis. People like a fighter. Show some balls and you just might gain the respect of the people you are constantly wanting money and support from.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nothing like trying to bring back our glory years from the early 80's!

TStan walked in the interview like, Whizz, 'member that time we all got them rockin' shades ....

80s.gif

... gnarly!!

Then Wizz was all, "Gag me with a spoon, TStan!"

Yeah, I've lost it. :oops: Self-ban

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
KW has only looked good under HOF QBs, that he never developed and inherited.

He did however, have 2 heisman trophy winning young QBs to develop. And both couldn't stand him one vocally so; he couldn't develop them; and got fired each time. One team in particular, the whole team, didn't like him; and quit on him.

sounds like exactly what you need in college. A guy who can really develop and relate to younger players. SMDH

This is absolutely correct, if TSTAN hires him with his track record TSTAN needs to go. It's as simple as that.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If it is CKW, I won’t be ecstatic. I’ll probably be skeptical. But I will reserve FINAL judgment until I see the product on the field.
Look at the past to see in the future

Date Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result Attendance
September 12 at No. 2 Alabama Legion FieldBirmingham, Alabama ESPN W 24–21 78,865
September 19 at Florida Florida FieldGainesville, Florida L 6–27 63,876
September 26 Memphis State Grant FieldAtlanta L 15–28 32,463
October 3 No. 6 North Carolina Grant Field • Atlanta, Georgia L 7–28 39,263
October 10 at Tennessee Neyland StadiumKnoxville, Tennessee (Rivalry) L 7–10 94,478
October 17 Auburn Grant Field • Atlanta (Rivalry) L 7–31 50,263
October 24 at Tulane Louisiana SuperdomeNew Orleans L 10–27 37,431
October 31 Duke
Dagger-14-plain.png
Grant Field • Atlanta L 24–38 30,232
November 7 at Notre Dame Notre Dame StadiumSouth Bend, Indiana L 3–35 59,075
November 14 Navy Grant Field • Atlanta, Georgia L 14–20 20,129
December 5 No. 2 Georgia Grant Field • Atlanta (Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate) ABC L 7–44 58,623

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Whisenhunt is much more likely to be Lovie Smith than Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carroll. If I am wrong, it will be the most delicious crow I have ever eaten, but I see almost no chance. C'mon, TStan. There is still time to save this program for the next decade. Catch up with your old buddy and send him home without an offer.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
But guys he got to a super bowl. He will be great. Look at another washed up super bowl appearance coach in college Lovie Smith. Really tearing it up at Illinois /s

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Would Whisen-The-Hut call his own plays? Or would he likely hire an OC and just manage the team and program?

Hopefully they Packers firing McCarthy saved Tech from hiring him.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
because thats how tech works. When we have the opportunity to take a big swing and make a splash we purposely don't. We find the ultra bland, conservative and boring route. We find a way to grab defeat from the jaws of victory on the field and off the field constantly, and continue to rinse and repeat.

not to mention he is there right now, and if the rumor of him staying until tomorrow is true, there is a reason for that as well.

Yall are all tripping, Tstan has GOT to be smarter than this.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Whisenhunt is much more likely to be Lovie Smith than Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carroll. If I am wrong, it will be the most delicious crow I have ever eaten, but I see almost no chance. C'mon, TStan. There is still time to save this program for the next decade. Catch up with your old buddy and send him home without an offer.

but jim harbaugh was a college guy at stanford for a while, only a few years nfl and back to college....totally different. Pete Carroll is the only one in the past 15-20 years that made the jump and did well...that I can recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.