Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Eggsactly. Coach hiring has been the least trustworthy process at GT.

Perhaps only exceeded by futility in hiring AD's, which caused the poor hiring in coaches.

I am NOT saying anything here about TStan. Jury is out. This is a make or breaak moment for him.

Wreckaholic

Georgia Tech Fan
KW is not my first choice, but if it is him, I will still reserve judgement to see who he brings on as staff.

If you think about it, why is TS even scheduling an interview with KW? Didnt they play together and I assume have stayed in pretty regular communication since then. Do you really need to interview someone you have known for 30+ years if that is who you and the rest of the admin want? It may be window dressing, it could be deflection, it could be to discuss in detail the staff and offer and what GT is doing.

I'm not big money donor so I am not going to get wound up until the decision is announced.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Fix that for you

Thanks for clearing that up for me, TTJ

iky.gif

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps only exceeded by futility in hiring AD's, which caused the poor hiring in coaches.

I am NOT saying anything here about TStan. Jury is out. This is a make or breaak moment for him.

If he hires CKW and he is the only one he has interviewed ,then we need to bring in the Jury. Out look it's 1980 and 1981 again .

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I hope this becomes a Pat Fitzgerald (alumni - school loyalty) kind of hire. But even Fitzgerald had CFB experience immediately prior to being hired.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
KW is not my first choice, but if it is him, I will still reserve judgement to see who he brings on as staff.

If you think about it, why is TS even scheduling an interview with KW? Didnt they play together and I assume have stayed in pretty regular communication since then. Do you really need to interview someone you have known for 30+ years if that is who you and the rest of the admin want? It may be window dressing, it could be deflection, it could be to discuss in detail the staff and offer and what GT is doing.

I'm not big money donor so I am not going to get wound up until the decision is announced.
Maybe he is here based on great play calling in last notes charger steeler game, he wants the job, big donors want to see him present how he will staff for college , and get to get but in the existing staff for transition.
If it a not good set of meetin will hear= this is first of several meetings.

Under kw the chargers are a passing team. I prefer we change to a ucf, Duke , or Syracuse Pass Run option. When Clem and uga got real QB they dropped the hit shot rpo qb like a lead balloon . If the cpj offense is gone , I want to be able to make short passes to get OVER AND NOT THRU the Clemson and uga and miami dl. Kw can do this as the pro teams are a pass first league. Now Andy s got to find a qb and a tight end.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
KW has only looked good under HOF QBs, that he never developed and inherited.

He did however, have 2 heisman trophy winning young QBs to develop. And both couldn't stand him one vocally so; he couldn't develop them; and got fired each time. One team in particular, the whole team, didn't like him; and quit on him.

sounds like exactly what you need in college. A guy who can really develop and relate to younger players. SMDH

Last edited:

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Why is everybody assuming that Ken Whisenhunt is getting hired? I'm about to have to go pour some whiskey in my coffee to deal with all of this internet hysteria.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I certainly hope Todd Stansbury doesn’t pick Ken Whisenhunt solely based on his close friendship with him.

But it is what it is, I guess.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
KW has only looked good under HOF QBs, that he never developed nor inherited.

He did however, have 2 heisman trophy winning young QBs to develop. And both couldn't stand him one vocally so; he couldn't develop them; and got fired each time. One team in particular, the whole team, didn't like him; and quit on him.

sounds like exactly what you need in college. A guy who can really develop and relate to younger players. SMDH

With all due respect, 33. You're missing his most important qualification ... was the AD's buddy in the '80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.