Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
“Could be subject to change; however, as of tonight, the top two candidates are Ken Whisenhunt and Geoff Collins, probably in that order. “

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If the assistants make the difference, why even hire KW? Hire one of the younger, better college coaches and give them the stellar assistants! Hiring Whisenhunt is a program killer. There is no chance it ends well.

Just one thought is you hire KW because you already know that if you go him you'll have more money for the assistants that you wouldn't with the other choices. Not saying this is the case but it is certainly possible the AD has a better grasp on how much potential donors will pay out with different choices.

Also saying it would be a program killer and have no chance to end well is hyperbole to say the least.

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
We all need to give major credit to @BossRoss for breaking this last week. I think it was Wednesday. He really knows someone with connections

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
“Could be subject to change; however, as of tonight, the top two candidates are Ken Whisenhunt and Geoff Collins, probably in that order. “
If this is true I hope TSTAN is getting his resume updated, unless he hires Collins

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok. I know it has not been announced. But we all know it’s a 99% probability. We. Need to stop with all the negative comments about him. The last couple of years the fan base has been divided. We need to get behind him and support the team.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
And Saban has one at Lake Burton and was in partnership to build and sell another one until the recession got them
I am all for free enterprise and free market and capitalism and all that. He ought to spend his money the way he wants. But I have always been puzzled by such circumstances, that a fellow makes $8 million a year minimum, way minimum I suspect ... and is building a house to sell on spec. I am guessing he has lentxxxx rented his name to a project in return for considerations?

Deleted member 2897

Sounds like a lot of people don’t want the Whiz. I concur with an earlier poster that regardless of hire we need to unite behind this coach 100%. Being negative or split won’t change the hire or accomplish anything.

Now having said that, I love ToddS, but this will be another datapoint that his skills are in a bunch of areas other than coaching hires. I really love a lot of what he has done. But he seems to refuse to think about a new baseball coach, and signs so far point to a safe, Peterson-approved Tech man. Fine, but why not at least interview several people like Elliot, Satterfield, etc. You may fine you like someone else a lot better. I guess we will see.

If we hire Whiz, my gut tells me that will have meant that they have all talked amongst themselves in the past enough to be comfortable, and they want the safe and quick option.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like a lot of people don’t want the Whiz. I concur with an earlier poster that regardless of hire we need to unite behind this coach 100%. Being negative or split won’t change the hire or accomplish anything.

Now having said that, I love ToddS, but this will be another datapoint that his skills are in a bunch of areas other than coaching hires. I really love a lot of what he has done. But he seems to refuse to think about a new baseball coach, and signs so far point to a safe, Peterson-approved Tech man. Fine, but why not at least interview several people like Elliot, Satterfield, etc. You may fine you like someone else a lot better. I guess we will see.

If we hire Whiz, my gut tells me that will have meant that they have all talked amongst themselves in the past enough to be comfortable, and they want the safe and quick option.

I will not unite behind someone is know will make us a 2-3 win team and a boring one at that. He adds nothing and takes away the one advantage we have. He has no personality and has no relationships. His offensive has been putrid wbjthout a ball if fame QB. This is going to be horrible. I know we are going to take a step back. Well some of you are going to get what you wish for with bringing a less imaginative Gailey back. Idiots.

Our best offensive innovator, Ralph Fridgen, ran lots of option. There is a reason for that.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok. I know it has not been announced. But we all know it’s a 99% probability. We. Need to stop with all the negative comments about him. The last couple of years the fan base has been divided. We need to get behind him and support the team.
Meh. If he proves me wrong I'll shut up, but I'm allowed to say that KW would be a disaster hire given the position we're in this year.

No one anywhere gives him credit for the Chargers offense, and everything he's done at his previous jobs doesn't inspire confidence.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
The volume of assumptions and sky is falling comments here is startling. Of course he’s going to interview multiple guys. If I’m wrong, I’ll own it later... but I’d bet large sums of money KW is not offered the job today. Could happen after more interviews, and i hope we go another direction, but let’s try to exercise a slight amount of patience....

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
If I was whisenhunt, I wouldn’t want this job. Just for the fact is if has spent 2 mins on Twitter, he would know that no one wants him here. Personally, I wouldn’t want to go to a place where I wasn’t wanted. Especially where everyone would fight me on everything.

He is the last coach I want at Tech. I just couldn’t fathom why he would entertain coming here. At this point I think the fan base would take anyone not named whisenhunt.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I am all for free enterprise and free market and capitalism and all that. He ought to spend his money the way he wants. But I have always been puzzled by such circumstances, that a fellow makes $8 million a year minimum, way minimum I suspect ... and is building a house to sell on spec. I am guessing he has lentxxxx rented his name to a project in return for considerations?
I believe the circumstances were that as a home owner on the lake and with money to burn, he was merely an investor with a friend/contractor/perhaps lake neighbor.

Ask a Gopher fan

Status
Not open for further replies.