Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo71

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes Coach Satterfield's offense did look good but...
1. I believe Coach Elliot would be better in recruiting.
2. He knows Clemson and the ACC.
3. Maybe Coach Elliot can bring Clemsons' linebacking coach to be the DC.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
His system actually fits GT. He doesn’t need Bama or UGA type guys on the OL. His system can use more mobile guys who can get to the second level on the OL. Besides that, we can get good enough RB’s and WR’s and we should be able to get good enough QB’s. His system while not as much of an equalizer as CPJ’s it still does equalize imo. Running the option, short routes, Screen game and then hit them downfield for a deep ball. His system allows you to spread the field out and not have defenses all in the box, which is what we need imo. I actually think his system wouldn’t be this major transition as some others might be like an air raid or pro and that’s another pro for him imo.

Amen, great post! And to those who say we can’t win with his offense, look at how well Wake, Duke, UVA and many other non-factories are doing with it. We can recruit better than many of them, if we can get in the 30’s in recruiting classes and get some 1-8 type players GT will kill it with that system.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Tucker to CU isnt official.

Not going to say anything to distract from game preparation at this stage of the season. UGA leaked that Furman coach **** Sherdan was coming there before his bowl game and he backed out of it. Ended up at NCSU. Most assistant coaches want to go to a national championship game if possible and see the season through. Might see movement if they lose to Bama.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
As someone who earned an industrial engineering degree with a 3.55 GPA, Elliott certainly knows what it means to be a real student/athlete, because he was one himself. As a walk-on who earned a scholarship and became a team captain, he has succeeded by his own resources. He's someone who seems to have earned everything he's gotten, and the thing I like best about him is that he has "success" written all over him. His resume is one that inspires confidence (in me, anyway) that he will succeed in this or most anything he tries to do. He has no HC experience, but he's smart and will figure it out (after a few rookie mistakes, no doubt). No guarantees, but his upside potential seems to be a way, way up there.
Every successful head coach at one time had no head coaching experience.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I really hope you’re wrong just so you’ll stop posting like you run the damn program haha. Chill man. So you “have an insider” just calm down. No one wants Ken.

A bunch of people on the boards don’t won’t Ken. They are vocal. Just looking at one of the topics in here most people on this board don’t even go to one game a year. Not sure if that qualifies you as much as a large donor who bleeds gold and hasn’t missed a game in 20 years.

Most equate Ken with CCG. The real reason CCG didn’t make it. It just never seemed like he bought into Tech and bled Gold. It’s an important qualification. Though Ross and GOL left you felt like they bled Gold and loved the Institution.

There are only two potential candidates that would create noise around Tech and only one would unite the fanbase.
If we could get Leach, it’s a grand slam. I see very few complaining and we get a ton of excitement.
The other is Kiffen. We won’t get any more spotlight than we would hiring him. Of course the fan base is split but it would create a ton of excitement.
The chance of getting either of those guys is slim. We should reach out to both to interview though. You just never know.

All the others are just blah. CKW would be a solid hire and he would bleed gold. I put CAM is this area. I think both of these guys have the network to build strong staffs like Ross and GOL. They would win here and be a big part of the facility system rebuild that Tstan is trying to accomplish.

The only young guy I would consider would be Collins from Temple. He has coached enough places including Tech to have the right experience. Key is interesting and he gets recommendations from Sabin and GOL. His lack of head coaching experience troubles me.

Please no guys that have only essentially been one place with no recruiting restrictions. This includes Elliott and Satterfield. Good guys but I don’t see their experience translating to Tech. Elliott will be a head coach somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A bunch of people on the boards don’t won’t Ken. They are vocal. Just looking at one of the topics in here most people on this board don’t even go to one game a year. Not sure if that qualifies you as much as a large donor who bleeds gold and hasn’t missed a game in 20 years.

Most equate Ken with CCG. The real reason CCG didn’t make it. It just never seemed like he bought into Tech and bled Gold. It’s an important qualification. Though Ross and GOL left you felt like they bled Gold and loved the Institution.

There are only two potential candidates that would create noise around Tech and only one would unite the fanbase.
If we could get Leach, it’s a grand slam. I see very few complaining and we get a ton of excitement.
The other is Kiffen. We won’t get any more spotlight than we would hiring him. Of course the fan base is split but it would create a ton of excitement.
The chance of getting either of those guys is slim. We should reach out to both to interview though. You just never know.

All the others are just blah. CKW would be a solid hire and he would bleed gold. I put CAM is this area. I think both of these guys have the network to build strong staffs like Ross and GOL. They would win here and be a big part of the facility system rebuild that Tstan is trying to accomplish.

The only young guy I would consider would be Collins from Temple. He has coached enough places including Tech to have the right experience. Key is interesting and he gets recommendations from Sabin and GOL. His lack of head coaching experience troubles me.

Please no guys that have only essentially been one place with no recruiting restrictions. This includes Elliott and Satterfield. Good guys but I don’t see their experience translating to Tech. Elliott will be a head coach somewhere.

TODD, Now that U got us a coach, please let us know how u as AD will take responsibility for a greatly increased recruiting effort for our BIG sports teams.

Recruiting starts at top. Please recruit the hill to INCREASE their efforts in support of gtaa.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Kiffin and Leach? Those are the two, huh? Those are the two worst potential fits for Georgia Tech possible and won’t even get a second tkought by Stansbury.

Leach and Kiffin? Seriously? Do you even know their back stories? Neither gets along with anyone. Both have abrasive personalities. We want someone to recruit and unite the fan base, not blow it up even worse. At this point, I presume you are a GA fan wanting to fracture our fan base because those two are total non starters. Good one though.....

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Kiffin and Leach? Those are the two, huh? Those are the two worst potential fits for Georgia Tech possible and won’t even get a second tkought by Stansbury.

Leach and Kiffin? Seriously? Do you even know their back stories? Neither gets along with anyone. Both have abrasive personalities. We want someone to recruit and unite the fan base, not blow it up even worse. At this point, I presume you are a GA fan wanting to fracture our fan base because those two are total non starters. Good one though.....
Leach (in person) is not how he gets portrayed. Kinda like CPJ in person vs how he gets portrayed. Neither sugar coat things.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

First I have had season tickets since 1981 missed 2 games in that time, so I guess you can count my vote. I DON"T WANT CKW , LEACH, OR KIFFEN. I would be happy with Elliott or Satterfield or even a few others people have listed. ( MO)

slugboy

Staff member

I loved having Ross here, but he did leave for San Diego, and O’Leary left for Notre Dame. I’m not sure how they bled gold more than Chan did. They won more and had a more exciting offense (and Ross had a better defense).

I’m not sure where the Kiffin love or attention comes from. He just went 5-7 at FAU, which is about as different an environment from Tech as you’ll see. He also underachieved at USC and UT. He’s controversial, but so are coaches that win.

Anyway, here’s The Sporting News rehashing random candidates by looking at Twitter and throwing darts at a dartboard
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...son-at-georgia-tech/73xplguzdrgv18a204dzjd9c0

Headline is “best candidate” where I think “best” is defined as “the guys I could think of before my deadline”. This is starting to get funny. Sooner or later, someone will actually do reporting for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.