Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmahone

Georgia Tech Fan
Mike Leach's reputation is that he is an A-hole to work with. AD's hate him. But ... he wins.
Life is too short thinking that one must put up with this sort of toxic personality. In a country of 329 million, I have a hard time believing that there isn't a better all around person for the job than someone who is known to behave this way. We are preaching Total Person Program, or Everyday Champions in the latest variant. It should extend to the HC, as well.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I’ve read most of this thread but not all so please forgive me if this has already been discussed. Does anyone have a feel for how much GT is willing to spend to get a new coach? I’m concerned that we will only have the money to hire “A” coach and not “THE” coach, if you catch my drift. Is the hire primarily dictated by the GTAA or does “The Hill” have the final say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Really feel Satterfield would be our best option. Hope TStan can get out in front of this. He should be interviewing Satterfield this weekend and not Wisenhunt. Afraid Louisville will hire him quickly. Hope he does not screw this hire up.

TheOldWhiteNGold

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly I think this whole Wisenhunt interview is Todd 'waving one hand and doing the magic trick with the other'. I believe it was definitely the request of a sizable portion of the donors and so out of courtesy, he is doing the interview. The fact that GT didn't reach out to the Chargers beforehand paired along with the logistics of this whole weekend (Todd has to be in Texas for the CFP committee, Wis has to be in Pitt for the game) make it hard for me to believe this is that legit.

slugboy

Staff member
Tony Elliott
Geoff Collins
Scott Satterfield
Mel Tucker
Neal Brown
Seth Littrell
Luke Fickell

If Todd doesn't pick someone from this list the majority of the GT community will be disappointed. Am I right?

It's entirely possible that there's someone better that isn't on that list at all. I'm just a fan, but unless you play against or work with a coach (and even then), it's hard to tell how good they are.

I'd like someone who scares the coach on the other sideline. Some advice I've seen for hiring is "would you be scared for your competitor to hire this person"? CPJ checked that box. No one I've seen so far has checked that box for me.

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
How about Brent Key at Alabama. He is defensive line coach and is also a Tech man? Great recruiter and has been an assistant at UCF before going to Alabama.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Tony Elliott
Geoff Collins
Scott Satterfield
Mel Tucker
Neal Brown
Seth Littrell
Luke Fickell

If Todd doesn't pick someone from this list the majority of the GT community will be disappointed. Am I right?

I think you can add Josh Heupel and Mike Norvell to that list but yeah. Most of those guys would probably be acceptable to at least a slight majority of the fan base. Never gonna make everyone happy.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Tony Elliott
Geoff Collins
Scott Satterfield
Mel Tucker
Neal Brown
Seth Littrell
Luke Fickell

Mel Tucker is a major candidate for the Colorado head coaching job along with Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason and Oregon DC Jim Leavitt

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
How about Brent Key at Alabama. He is defensive line coach and is also a Tech man? Great recruiter and has been an assistant at UCF before going to Alabama.
If we are going to make big change in offense we need a strong defense while we rebuild to give our new offense a chance to win.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’ve read most of this thread but not all so please forgive me if this has already been discussed. Does anyone have a feel for how much GT is willing to spend to get a new coach? I’m concerned that we will only have the money to hire “A” coach and not “THE” coach, if you catch my drift. Is the hire primarily dictated by the GTAA or does “The Hill” have the final say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw someone post on a board (can’t rememebr which one) aand I believe it was someone close to the program or someone who knew someone close to the program, said we are in a really good position right now to hire a new coach. Not sure why that exactly means though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.