Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There are far more successful fball programs whose cupboards we should be raiding.

There is literally no reason to try and force-feed a guy into the job just because he went to school here.

I don't think we should get anyone or give them any extra consideration at all just because they have Tech connections, but I don't think we should exclude them, either. Brent Key is from Alabama, and coached under Saban. Saban doesn't hire many bad coaches. Brent was OC at Central Florida and has a reputation as a good recruiter, and probably recruited some of the good players they have now in that offense. So he has connections in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama, and he is by all accounts a good coach and recruiter. I hope TStan takes his candidacy seriously. Central Florida and Alabama are what I would call "successful programs".

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
If we get Wiz gotta wonder if he would be bringing fellow Chargers coach Giff Smith as his Dcord?:D

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think people just think it’s obvious because he and Stans played together at GT. It’s the lazy mans analysis. But these things are rarely obvious. I honestly don’t think Wiz is a serious consideration. I think Wiz was a name folks threw out there before CPJ was hired. And it’s being thrown around again.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Heck, I still question whether TStan even meets with Wiz....I suspect they chat on the telephone is all....

Anyone who says this is a done deal is an idiot.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn’t happen, but for fun. Nick Rolovich from Hawaii (basically for his offense, I know shallow). He married the Run and shoot (majority of our passing game under CPJ) with the spread. Essentially the inverse of our offense. We could rely more on the spread until we get personnel suited for the Run and Shoot portion. Pretty good preview in video link.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think people just think it’s obvious because he and Stans played together at GT. It’s the lazy mans analysis. But these things are rarely obvious. I honestly don’t think Wiz is a serious consideration. I think Wiz was a name folks threw out there before CPJ was hired. And it’s being thrown around again.
Exactly. Lazy journalism. When jounalist don't have anything to write they just make **** up. If Tstan interviews Wiz, it will just be a friendly courtesy. Our next head coach currently resides in Philly.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
No need to waste time with a courtesy interview. Really hope Stansbury doesn't drop the ball on this and hope he has enough experience and wisdom to make the right hire. If not, GT football will become more irrelevant.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Tony Elliot would be a great hire. Not only out of the previously posted list of three. I think he would be a top notch coach compared to any list of candidates.

Why specifically ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn’t happen, but for fun. Nick Rolovich from Hawaii (basically for his offense, I know shallow). He married the Run and shoot (majority of our passing game under CPJ) with the spread. Essentially the inverse of our offense. We could rely more on the spread until we get personnel suited for the Run and Shoot portion. Pretty good preview in video link.

I actually brought Hawaii up earlier in the year. It's a glimpse of what I wanted CPJ to do, except I'd like for there to be more option components involved versus what Rolovich is doing. RnS 60% + Flex Option 25% + Other Run Schemes 15%.

I keep saying it, someone is eventually going to do it, and it's going to be d@mn beautiful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.