Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Brent Key with Godsey as OC? What are the chances of this?

I like that Key has learned from O’Leary, Fridge, and Saban.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Brent Key with Godsey as OC? What are the chances of this?

I like that Key has learned from O’Leary, Fridge, and Saban.

There are far more successful fball programs whose cupboards we should be raiding.

There is literally no reason to try and force-feed a guy into the job just because he went to school here.

Animal02

Banned
I doubt I get accepted into modern day Tech.

1980's Tech had no APR or grad rate progression rules. Even the old APR is nothing like the current one.

I still say none of this affects whether Whisenhunt can be a good CEO style coach, but I do not think his years as a student and athlete here will help apart from having emotional investment in the program.
I was at Tech about the same time.....and while I am 100% attached to Tech.......the Tech students / campus / academics are so different I can barely relate to them.
Back in the day, i was literally sink or swim. There was no concern about drop out rate, student pranks were pranks and not felonies. No one heard of having there own bathroom in a dorm....etc. etc. etc.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
There are far more successful fball programs whose cupboards we should be raiding.

There is literally no reason to try and force-feed a guy into the job just because he went to school here.

Seems like Key has the respect of Saban (and had it from O’Leary too). It will be interesting to see if he’s a legitimate candidate.

slugboy

Staff member
If we step back from who the rumored candidates are, it’s pretty clear that a lot of coaches think this is a great job with a lot of potential, top end national sports media think a lot of the school and the program and think we can get a great coach, good coaches are reaching out to us, we’re getting great coverage, and even the candidates some of us want and some of us don’t think the school is a great place. Same with the other coaches that the other group likes and the first group can’t stand.
Whoever the next coach will be is like the big, fancy wrapped gift under the Christmas tree—full of dreams and unlimited potential. Maybe it’s a pony, or maybe it’s a monster. The suspense is too much to take; I hope it lasts.
In the meantime, I’m going to try to relax a bit. I really doubt a coach is getting named tomorrow, and there’s plenty of time to stress out later.
I think we’re all (or mostly) Tech fans here. Maybe for a week or so we can all wait another 30 seconds to hit “post” and edit our posts a bit more. Say something nice [emoji106]
When TStan says he’s going to beat the bushes, I get the idea we’ll interview a lot of candidates before we make an offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.