Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn would not be good at Tech. His offense has been pretty atrocious at Auburn.

Monken would be a great choice. He is a heck of a coach.

Satterfield would probably be a good one.

Not crazy about Elliot. Clemson's offense isn't good because it's innovative, it's good almost in spite of the playcalling.
Remember they all are good coaches but can they recruit with the restrictions at Tech. and would they want to come here , we love Tech but it's not an easy job and just for anyone

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn would not be good at Tech. His offense has been pretty atrocious at Auburn.

Monken would be a great choice. He is a heck of a coach.

Satterfield would probably be a good one.

Not crazy about Elliot. Clemson's offense isn't good because it's innovative, it's good almost in spite of the playcalling.

Chad Morris was considered innovative.

herb

Helluva Engineer

@ATL1 I think Elliot is worthy of consideration, but what do you mean? Morris may have been but he has not been successful this year. Do you think Elliot is not worth looking at?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone with knowledge explain how Clemson’s offense is different from Urban’s?

I know how Briles, Chip Kelly, and Leach spreads are different. The Morris offense just looked like an always hurry up version of Urban. Certainly not bad, but not innovative.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I figure that I'd post this here since it's a completely unverified rumor and I don't necessarily buy it, but I heard from a buddy who's family is deep GT but not really big money or well connected that the Wisenhunt rumor started because Stansbury is calling him, as a buddy, just to get input on what coaches he thinks would be worth including on the long list. He isn't actually considering leaving the NFL for GT. However that made me think about Jason Michael who was Wisenhunts OC and QB coach with the Titans. Young guy and ran a big mix of pro-style and option (even TO) plays with Mariota. He played for Jack Harbaugh and was an assistant/staffers under Fulmer. We might see his name pop up if the rumor of Wisenhunts involvement in our search are true at all.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Kennesaw State has more football talent that this Arkansas team had;) It will take Arkansas 5-6 years to rebuild:cigar:

Have you seen their totally legitimate recruiting class this year? A team that's won 6 games combined and traditionally recruits in the 20s and 30s has the #12 class all of a sudden. Crazy how that happens randomly and totally on the level.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There are many coaches out there that could probably succeed at GT that none of us are aware of.

There are many coaches out there that would fail miserably at GT that we are all familiar with.

I just happen to believe picking a coach from the CPJ “tree” is going to be a PR nightmare right now, but no way of knowing. But hard to believe anyone would coach the TO better than CPJ.

More concerned with TStan right now than bowl game or CPJ.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Haven’t read through this whole thread so forgive me if it’s been posted already, what does everyone think of promoting Andy Mac? Players love him, he’s a proven recruiter here, and the hill would likely give him a few more academic exceptions than a new coach. Pair him with an up and coming coordinator and I think we have something.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck

Chad Morris inherited a dumpster fire at Arkansas from Bielema. Not sure Morris is a good coach, but what about Elliot makes you think he will be? I don't think he would be a bad hire and is preferred over Malzahn or Whisenhunt, just not impressed with Clemson's offense (other than all the 5* talent that won't be coming to GT).

Status
Not open for further replies.