Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal02

Banned
Feel like this would be a great story to hear one day!
Mentioned it a few times.....short version....was with fellow DramaTech members......first couple of rows right behind the Tech bench. Couldbn't see ****.....so we stood. People behind us complained to the cops (seems to be the story of my life) Cops said they could not do anything.....Dean Dull sees the cops by us......knows all of us, so sits at the end of our aisle. All the booze we snuck in gets passed to me at the opposite end of the row. I play bartender for the game.....One of you, one for me....you can guess how that went. (Guy that was sitting right next to DD ended up stone sober and got to drive us all home. Almost got arrested for going on the field adfter the game.

Animal02

Banned
The kids in Atl and GA are academically ill prepared and/or not interested in busting *** to survive at Tech. NJ otoh is much better academically and as Coach Ross demonstrated, the area can help us. GA and the SE has to remain our core though.
I am not saying don't recruit the SE......but Tech cannot afford (from a recruiting standpoint) to limit itself. Don't know how the academics in the south are now, but when I went there......National merit scholars in Ga had far lower scores than I did coming from western PA.
As others have posted......Tech needs to hit the private academically inclined schools across the county to find those hidden under rated kids.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We will take Dewberry's check, but he ain't getting behind the wheel and driving nuthin.

His ego is relentless. Not sure how anyone who can work for him. Gt is better not taking his money.

But many posts ago i said big money donors are pushing ken. Some of you said no thats not true. But it really is. And it sucks.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
His ego is relentless. Not sure how anyone who can work for him. Gt is better not taking his money.

But many posts ago i said big money donors are pushing ken. Some of you said no thats not true. But it really is. And it sucks.
I know nothing about him but the few articles I’ve read on him, which included some of his own quotes, he comes off as an absolute *******.

Animal02

Banned
It ain't all about what we have to offer. It's also about relationships. Staff can roll up to buford or grayson every friday night and be in the stands with their addias GT gear on watching 10 big time recruits, hob knobing with their parents and the coaches. Can't do that in chicago or pittsburgh. You're talking about trying to compete with the b10 for lesser number recruits instead of the sec. There aint much difference other than the weather like you said. Might as well stick to our own backyard.

I don't have a problem recruiting in the NE, Texas, CA but I don't see us building some magical pipeline and becoming ND.
And that is why we are in the position we are at today. There is no reason not to recruit nationally. Years ago, sat on a plane with a BYU recruiter......his territory was the Cleveland to Pittsburgh belt. FROM UTAH.....absolutely no reason Tech cannot do the same. What Tech has to offer is its uniqueness. Recruiting someone from the north.....the south is has that quality. Tech recruits are going to be the proverbial needles in the haystack.....that takes a lot of looking.......not just the pile closest to your feet.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

We need his money

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This whole thing makes me nervous. I wish CPJ had hung on a few more years. I thought maybe we were on the cusp of one of our good periods. Good returning o-linemen and quarterbacks who could throw. I agree with those who say we haven't been throwing the ball lately because we aren't any good at it, not because Paul doesn't see that we need to.

I'll adjust to whoever Stanbury hires, but I hope that it is really his decision. What I don't want is big donors steering his decision. That happens all the time in higher ed, and not just about athletics. If I'm an administrator, I don't know that I would do any better. If a decision also has to take into account whether you will or will not be getting a huge sum of money, you simply have to weight that.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
And that is why we are in the position we are at today. There is no reason not to recruit nationally. Years ago, sat on a plane with a BYU recruiter......his territory was the Cleveland to Pittsburgh belt. FROM UTAH.....absolutely no reason Tech cannot do the same. What Tech has to offer is its uniqueness. Recruiting someone from the north.....the south is has that quality. Tech recruits are going to be the proverbial needles in the haystack.....that takes a lot of looking.......not just the pile closest to your feet.
The thing that hurts the BYU football program is the Elders running BYU make sure all their football coaches are Mormons. All their football coaches from Kilani Sitaki going back to LeVell Edwards and Tommy Hudspeth are Mormons.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It is comical seeing many of the haters harp on CPJ being a poor recruiter. It is like sticking someone in a Ford Focus at the Indy 500 and saying see...he is a poor driver.
So you think CPJ was a good recruiter? You need to pull your head out of the sand and quit calling those who call a spade a spade PJ haters.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
TaxJacket, after years of research, I have found bourbon to be an excellent choice for the other 6 days of the week as well. Until it gets hot, then its gin.
Re: the coaching search. I don't have the inclination nor the time & energy to assess the worthiness of any of the guys named in this thread. Nor anyone else whose name has not appeared in this thread for that matter. What I do hope is that we rally behind TStan and the new guy. I am sick of people rooting against a coach from day 1 simply because he/she wasn't their first choice. It happened with CCG and CPJ to some extent. Let's support the coach and the program and give the person who is selected time. I know in this day and age this is a naive and impossible request but I am weary of us looking for things to disagree and argue about.

Respectfully,
4shotB
(who is waiting patiently this morning for cocktail hour this evening)
I will root for Tech regardless......but I simply do not understand the mentality of people that want to win at all costs.....that would gladly bring in a Saban that treats his players / recruits like pieces of meat. The biggest respect I had for CPJ was his honoring of commitments and recognizing the STUDENT part of the student athlete.

Animal02

Banned
So you think CPJ was a good recruiter? You need to pull your head out of the sand and quit calling those who call a spade a spade PJ haters.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
I think CPJ recruited well based on the limitation he had. But then, those factual limitations are always ignored by those pushing their own narrative.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Team Year Regular Season Post Season
Won
Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
Team
Year Regular Season Post Season
Won
Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
ARI
2007 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFC West — — — —
ARI 2008 9 7 0 .560 1st in NFC West 3 1 .750 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.
ARI 2009 10 6 0 .625 1st in NFC West 1 1 .500 Lost to New Orleans Saints in NFC Divisional Game.
ARI 2010 5 11 0 .313 4th in NFC West — — — —
ARI 2011 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFC West — — — —
ARI 2012 5 11 0 .313 4th in NFC West — — — —
ARI Total 45 51 0 .469 4 2 .667
TEN
2014 2 14 0 .125 4th in AFC South — — — —
TEN 2015 1 6 0 .143 (Fired) — — — —
TEN Total 3 20 0 .130 0 0 .000
Total
48 71 0 .403 4 2 .667

Need more ?

Not saying Whisenhunt should be our coach or anything, but these records mean nothing if not accompanied by a survey of the talent his teams had, for which he was not responsible. I think there are serious concerns about Whis, but his NFL W/L record taken alone means zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.