Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe true but for the life of me I just don’t understand how anyone could watch any Tech game in CPJs tenure here and describe it as boring, I promise you that Tech alone is responsible for my Afib and erratic pulse rate.

Seriously I saw just as many big plays in the 3O as any other set.

Reality is not always perception my friend. And this was great with Nesbit, Dwyer, Thomas, JT, Shaq, Morgan, Burnett, etc. but we haven’t had that dynamic ability in 3 years now and a decline in 2010-2013 mixed in. It took the right players at key positions and the staff fell short in the jimmies and joes area the last few years.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
So because Elliott is considered a great recruiter even thou he’s at a school that will take anyone and give them anything they want cars boats jet skis lake houses and going to class is optional he is gonna be a great recruiter at GT . People wake up.

proof?

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the various NFL to college experiments have proven that NFL coaches struggle in the college game because: A) they have to recruit their players, not draft them and B) your infinite wisdom of the game is a lot harder to translate to players who have to juggle academics, have NCAA limited hours on football, and who aren't being paid a salary to do this for a living.

Pete Carroll anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
But he recruited 5* right ???

SMH at just because whiz has a gt education he is the right fit. Don't be so ****ing arrogant

Not directed at you tax.

Thanks for the clarification! I do not in any way want Whiz.

I also agree with @Boss Ross that the triple option isn’t right either. But Groh had a pro style offense at UVA and at one point had the most players drafted in the NFL with the famous Colin Cowherd rant on UVA’s suckiness and Groh never won **** at UVA. NFL =/= success in college if the kids don’t relate. Just like Saban. Not a great NFL coach but a great college coach. Wiz was not great at AZ but is doing good as a coordinator this year.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Maybe true but for the life of me I just don’t understand how anyone could watch any Tech game in CPJs tenure here and describe it as boring, I promise you that Tech alone is responsible for my Afib and erratic pulse rate.

Seriously I saw just as many big plays in the 3O as any other set.
I agree with you but I guarantee you're older than that age bracket I described. This has become the era of offense, and unless you watch us and the academy schools you'd never realize just how exciting our offense can be. It's only a handful of FBS programs that run the 3O out of 120+ others that don't. So just from that large discrepancy the 3O offense is missing from highlights, social media chat, sports news coverage etc. All these things the youth pays attention to.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, forgot about Dave Wandstat or however you spell his name...

Jim Mora... Bill Callahan... Dave Wandstat... Lovie Smith. Mike Riley....

Have any of these NFL to College experiments worked? Or is Georgia Tech going to try and become the first one?

Once again Pete Carroll and Pittsburg would be zero without Wandstats money raising efforts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Banned
So because Elliott is considered a great recruiter even thou he’s at a school that will take anyone and give them anything they want cars boats jet skis lake houses and going to class is optional he is gonna be a great recruiter at GT . People wake up.

You're the one that needs to wake up. Look at his background, he's not a dumb jock and he can figure out how to get the kids that qualify interested in the ATL college football team. Even Paul said in his exit interview the challenges here recruiting are nothing that can't be overcome, and every school has challenges. We need STRONG recruiters and he's definitely that.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Making claims you can’t substantiate with facts (y)

I don’t remember Nebraska having a bad defense in their option years. But make up whatever story you want to tell.
I ain’t making sh— up you so called football experts on here need to get out and talk to high school players and then you might have a idea what they think and you might learn something about GT and how the football program is run because by what some of you post on here you don’t have a clue .I was told GT didn’t have a player that could play in the 2deep at ugag and some of you all act like some asst coach is gonna come in here and win bu— s—- . It’s gonna take someone with a lot of coaching experience to fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.