Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. He played with todd and roof too I think. Thats it. If he never went to tech we wouldn’t even look his direction. Which says a lot to me.
That makes sense. Unless he abandons the NFL style offenses this will not end well. I know people say HC over scheme, but any scheme that demands talent superiority is doomed at tech.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet we would all like that Championship game appearance Wiz made in 2008, 18 years after our last one.

I just had to say that for smartassness sake, I’m not for or against anyone overall but if were picking I’d pick Scott Satterfield

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Then if we cant recruit great here there is no way we are going to compete running what everyone else does or an nfl system. Cuz the clemson and bamas of the world will always do it better. I for one dont think we can ever recruit like clemson or bama consistently. But we can also do a bit better too
Then if we cant recruit great here there is no way we are going to compete running what everyone else does or an nfl system. Cuz the clemson and bamas of the world will always do it better. I for one dont think we can ever recruit like clemson or bama consistently. But we can also do a bit better too

Hence the point of the option.

So u want monken or similar then?

Yeah. He played with todd and roof too I think. Thats it. If he never went to tech we wouldn’t even look his direction. Which says a lot to me.
He was. teammate with one John Dewberry who has lots and lots of money

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting thought that I didn’t actually come up with myself. We aren’t going to hire Wiz. Wiz won’t abandon his pro team in the middle of their playoff run ( if he did I surely wouldn’t want him) and we absolutely cannot wait to hire him.

If we waited it would ruin the upcoming recruit class and we would prob. See more transfers. He doesn’t seem like a viable hire

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a lot of big money behind Ken. He would not be a terrible hire like most say on here. What if hired Tmartin as his OC? Then what would you say.

I think Ken would make a great coach during the time we are trying to raise major dollars and improve our program. He is the only guy on the list that could get several of these guys to give more.

What do you think about this scenario ? He hires a coach in waiting for example a Tmartin and then retires in 5 years. I firmly believe he could find a way to win at the rate we currently are and beat UGA a couple of times. Then we have our young dynamic coach ready to go with great facilities and a real recruiting staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you know the big money is behind him?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting thought that I didn’t actually come up with myself. We aren’t going to hire Wiz. Wiz won’t abandon his pro team in the middle of their playoff run ( if he did I surely wouldn’t want him) and we absolutely cannot wait to hire him.

If we waited it would ruin the upcoming recruit class and we would prob. See more transfers. He doesn’t seem like a viable hire

Like anything, follow the trail of money...which leads to his agent.

Using common sense, CPJ caught TStan off guard with his retirement the other day. Immediately word gets out that KW is a serious candidate? I mean, I'm not sure T Stan had time to make it back to his office before word got out that KW was being considered.

Because TStan is being tight lipped, and I doubt he was openly disparage KW's candidacy, someone is feeding the media a bunch of bull. Guess whose job it is to feed people bull to increase value? Agents (and investment bankers...but that's another story for another time...). I think KW and his agent are sending signals to teams out there that he wants a HC position at best, a raise at minimum.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
For those of you that want the 3O offense to continue here at Tech please try talking to kids 17-21 years old. I know from direct conversion with a few that they all say the same thing, "its boring" and they wanted CPJ gone because that's what he ran. If you're not appealing to kids that age that aren't playing football the same will ring true for those that do. Monken has done a phenomenal job at Army and the same goes for Bohannon but neither are the answer for what GT needs NOW.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
So because Elliott is considered a great recruiter even thou he’s at a school that will take anyone and give them anything they want cars boats jet skis lake houses and going to class is optional he is gonna be a great recruiter at GT . People wake up.

If Elliott, who is a great recruiter, can't recruit here, how is Whiz, who has never recruited, going to do it? You ain't making any sense.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of you that want to 3O offense to continue here at Tech please try talking to kids 17-21 years old. I know from direct conversion with a few that they all say the same thing, "its boring" and they wanted CPJ gone because that's what he ran. If you're not appealing to kids that age that aren't playing football the same will ring true for those that do. Monken has done a phenomenal job at Army and the same goes for Bohannon but neither are the answer for what GT needs NOW.

I agree. I think the fact we are still getting some commits with no coach shows that kids see the potential here. Let’s do this right and we can flourish. If you can’t see that then neither me nor my bottle of Woodford can help you. Let’s get a viable path to the NFL on offense and defense and a great education and take off!

Reactions: GPD

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If Elliott, who is a great recruiter, can't recruit here, how is Whiz, who has never recruited, going to do it? You ain't making any sense.

Agree here. Wiz hasnt even been on this coast in years. Arizona and LA. Stint in TN. No thanks. No ties to recruiting and a great recruiter is exactly what we need. Energy and recruiting. Neither of which Wiz has. He is an NFL coach and that’s good for him. But that’s what he is. He would fail miserably as a college coach. Stay in your LANE!

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of you that want the 3O offense to continue here at Tech please try talking to kids 17-21 years old. I know from direct conversion with a few that they all say the same thing, "its boring" and they wanted CPJ gone because that's what he ran. If you're not appealing to kids that age that aren't playing football the same will ring true for those that do. Monken has done a phenomenal job at Army and the same goes for Bohannon but neither are the answer for what GT needs NOW.

Maybe true but for the life of me I just don’t understand how anyone could watch any Tech game in CPJs tenure here and describe it as boring, I promise you that Tech alone is responsible for my Afib and erratic pulse rate.

Seriously I saw just as many big plays in the 3O as any other set.

Status
Not open for further replies.