Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTechFBNut

Georgia Tech Fan
Would appreciate ability to respond about PSU scandal, cause this part of what UT did bothers me .

There is absolutely no proof linking him to that scandal besides third hand hearsay. The PA attorney general found the claims to be “not credible” and he wasn’t mentioned in the 400 page Freech report. The UT fans just used that cause they didn’t want him as a coach.

I do understand the hesitation for a school to want him after that, though. Totally a fair and valid complaint.

GTechFBNut

Georgia Tech Fan
You do know Peyton Manning endorsed him for the UT job, right?

He sucked in the NFL, but he’s a good college coach.

GTechFBNut

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s a pretty ridiculous statement.

I haven’t heard any comments about Schiano as a coach. I think his ability to build a program would fit well here. But I digress.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If I did that I would not have the source no more.
So you claim a source. Other internet guy claims a source...So we have nothing. Well, I personally am glad we are interviewing Whiz, and I look forward to whoever else we interview. We are in a unique position to interview and hire a coach with less competition than normal.

GTechFBNut

Georgia Tech Fan
Fulmer is a snake who worked behind the scenes to get that job. Don’t disagree there is in fighting, but to say Manning sides with him to get Browns HC job is silly.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Fulmer is a snake who worked behind the scenes to get that job. Don’t disagree there is in fighting, but to say Manning sides with him to get Browns HC job is silly.
Browns General Manager job not the Head Coach job;)That's what has been said on Knoxville sports radio for the past year or so off and on..................................................just sayin';)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kind of laughable we wouldn’t consider Schiano.

- 56-33 last 7 years at RU (5-1 in bowl games)
- ESPN ranked him the #1 recruiting assistant last year. Strong hold recruiting in FL and he can recruit nationally
- We need a coach who can compete with the top tier programs in ACC. He can do that.
- NFL experience. Even though it was bad he has that chip.
- Has our SO much talent into the NFL

There's a reason no school that knows that they're doing has approached him about being their HC...there's also a reason why Ryan Day was named HC when Urban was suspended and not Schiano.

Schiano is a good coach, but his baggage is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.