Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The point is that you need to go to the games in order for our coach to win.

A loss to uga with 50k gold shirts in the BDS bleachers would be better for the program than a win with the typical 60% red stadium.

I know what you're saying. I can see the merits of hiring somebody who will spark interest and put butts in the seats from the get-go. But he'll have to win to keep them there. I just want a good coach, name or no-name. In the long run, winning will be the key to filling the stadium.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
CKW is moving forward from where GT was he is a very good football coach been to 2 Super Bowls won one and should have the other I don’t understand some of you people T Stan could hire Lombardi and some would not be happy

I dont think Lombardi could win in college football in 2018, either.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
CKW is moving forward from where GT was he is a very good football coach been to 2 Super Bowls won one and should have the other I don’t understand some of you people T Stan could hire Lombardi and some would not be happy

I watched him at AZ, in TN as HC. I've not seen a single thing from him that screams innovative or open to something new. He is a NFL lifer and not suited for the college game. He has zero contact with HS HCs in the SE. I have never seen anything from him that being a collegiate HC is his goal. Other than one very short stint at Vandy he's always been an NFL person. So tell the room why he's a slam dunk hire for Tech.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So freaking unimaginative. Dave freaking Wannstedt 2.0

I hope all you 'money guys' are happy getting your way.

Sit in your fancy arse seats and watch us boringly 'pro set' our way to losses ... all just so you can slap each other on the back and say, "Welp, atleast we's a-losin' with a Tech man."

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Is this a joke? He’s the head coach of the Houston Texans, the NFL team.

I love GT, but I don’t think we are a step up from a NFL head coaching job.

Of course it's a joke. That's why this: o_O was included.
Man, we need some better emoticons around here.

herb

Helluva Engineer
So freaking unimaginative. Dave freaking Wannstedt 2.0

I hope all you 'money guys' are happy getting your way.

Sit in your fancy arse seats and watch us boringly 'pro set' our way to losses ... all just so you can slap each other on the back and say, "Welp, atleast we's a-losin' with a Tech man."

Can’t quite tell if we are still in denial or have moved to anger yet, but getting there ;) I can only hope that the decision has not already been made when we potentially have some decent choices

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched him at AZ, in TN as HC. I've not seen a single thing from him that screams innovative or open to something new. He is a NFL lifer and not suited for the college game. He has zero contact with HS HCs in the SE. I have never seen anything from him that being a collegiate HC is his goal. Other than one very short stint at Vandy he's always been an NFL person. So tell the room why he's a slam dunk hire for Tech.
He knows GT and he knows what kind of players it takes to go to GT and be successful. GT is not for everyone it’s not like going to ugag or Clem’s son with all the benefits they offer I’m sure you know this when this is announced everyone should get behind him and support GT . GO JACKETS !

Status
Not open for further replies.