Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
So you think everything Stansbury has said about his philosophy moving forward is total BS and going to go the opposite route?
CKW is moving forward from where GT was he is a very good football coach been to 2 Super Bowls won one and should have the other I don’t understand some of you people T Stan could hire Lombardi and some would not be happy

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
CKW is moving forward from where GT was he is a very good football coach been to 2 Super Bowls won one and should have the other I don’t understand some of you people T Stan could hire Lombardi and some would not be happy
I know nothing about the guy, and haven’t formed an opinion yet.

I think what a majority of the people dislike is the fact that he’s 52-73 as a head coach and hasn’t been a college coach since Vandy in 98.

This doesn’t mean he can’t succeed, but I understand hesitation. TStan is going to interview and see how he fits. I’ll trust the AD here.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I want someone who puts fans in the stands.

CPJ has proven than winning alone will not make that happen.

I will go to every home game no matter what, as usual. I honestly would prioritize a coach who could generate enough interest to pack the stadium for one or two games a year over someone who might eek out an extra win.

But this isn’t about me. We need more support as a program and I’ll guve my support win or lose.

This is about the people who decide to find ways NOT to support the program!

SO —— If you live in metro Atlanta, and you don’t go to most home games, then what coach would make you attend? This is probably the most important question to me. Why, if you live within a 1.5 - 2 hour drive don’t you come to games, and what coach would make you attend?

We have a fan base who primarily lives within an hour or two drive and we don’t often have more than 35k fans attend games. I would contend that schools who pack their stadium end up winning more than schools who don’t. What coach could change your mind (LOTS of people on this board) and cause you to support our football team in a meaningful way.... BY ATTENDING EVERY HOME GAME!
Tony Elliot

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
what’s yalls thoughts on Brent key?? Heard he was interested in the job

He has a reputation as a good recruiter, and as OC at UCF is probably responsible for having recruited some of the current UCF offense (left there after the 2015 season - not retained by the new HC). Highly thought of by O'Leary, who wanted him to take over when he left. Highly thought of by Saban, also, who passed on him a few years prior but then snapped him up as OL coach as soon as he became available in 2016.

He's a serious candidate.

crut

Helluva Engineer

Ive spoken negatively about hiring one coach... and now Im anti-everyone. K.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
If our search ends in a list of "least worse" candidates then we have failed. We are, arguably, the #1 job opening with Louisville being the only other team that I could see making that argument. This search should include interviews with some of the top candidates. They may not come, but we need to at least show we are serious and want to be taken seriously. Adding Wisenhunt to the mix is making us look incompetent. This is the equivalent of us showing up to a job interview without a tie and a wrinkled shirt.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I want someone who puts fans in the stands.

CPJ has proven than winning alone will not make that happen.

I will go to every home game no matter what, as usual. I honestly would prioritize a coach who could generate enough interest to pack the stadium for one or two games a year over someone who might eek out an extra win.

But this isn’t about me. We need more support as a program and I’ll guve my support win or lose.

This is about the people who decide to find ways NOT to support the program!

SO —— If you live in metro Atlanta, and you don’t go to most home games, then what coach would make you attend? This is probably the most important question to me. Why, if you live within a 1.5 - 2 hour drive don’t you come to games, and what coach would make you attend?

We have a fan base who primarily lives within an hour or two drive and we don’t often have more than 35k fans attend games. I would contend that schools who pack their stadium end up winning more than schools who don’t. What coach could change your mind (LOTS of people on this board) and cause you to support our football team in a meaningful way.... BY ATTENDING EVERY HOME GAME!

Whoever wins, after the shine wears off.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok you like him I don't no big deal . I look at it if he is your first interview and you hire him without talking to other would be bad. Plus I hate Pro football and don't care to see it. Just MO

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Whoever wins, after the shine wears off.
The point is that you need to go to the games in order for our coach to win.

A loss to uga with 50k gold shirts in the BDS bleachers would be better for the program than a win with the typical 60% red stadium.

We need fans that care more than a coach that wins (ask CPJ). So what coach would make you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.