Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is how you bring excitement and flash to a program desperately need it.

Good Lord after a Decade the Triple slOption Era is Finally Over !!!!!!

https://goo.gl/images/ReqF2o

If GC is the hire, I like it. My hopes were always either a Monken/Bohannon hire or someone young and energetic like GC seems to be. The option isn't the only way to win at GT (but it sure helped).

But can we PLEASE not piss all over the last decade in every post about the new hire?!?!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
If true. Wow. TC coming back to coach running backs is a certified win. Lots of GT & Georgia raised potentially on his staff.

View attachment 4693
If GT isn't retaining Woody for next year, I suppose GT is on the hook for his salary (full/partially) for next year b/c it was a 2 year contract? How much money will GT shell out (breakdown?) for all the new defensive/offensive coaching staff that, if all of the above is true? Who is going to write that check? Hopefully a donor(s) has/have come forward to make this happen?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Although having said the above it could've been so much worse for GT financially if CPJ had not been so gracious on his way out and forced TS to fire him so he could walk away with a single finger salute and a few Brinks trucks full of cash to all those, fans, former players, media, ACC board members/ rival coaching staffs, who have "hated" on him publicly/privately throughout his tenure at GT.

Classy and he was a good man to have done it the way he did! It could have been so much worse.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I listened to Roddy on 680 yesterday. He said that GC was part of the team responsible for the 2007 Tech signing class with Dwyer, Nesbitt, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett etc. He moved to Bama the next year and was DPP and was part of the team that brought Mark Ingram, Julio Jones and others. Just I heard Roddy say on radio.
Thanks Army. Great content.

In 09 orange bowl I brought a bunch of clients with Florida power to the game. They were astonished at Morgan B speed.
Hope GC makes Andy the team leader and they work arm and arm

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Oh no, I just realized we might lose Mike Sewak!

:cigar::beercheers:
No worries CPJ may build him a guest house and let him be his caddy on the golf course, net man while fishing, towel/pool boy when swimming, cigar cutter, and driver if he decides to go somewhere. He has been well taken care of over the past decade! Lol!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
things of interest:

Does current S&C staff stay
Does DMo stay
Woody??? Gone to another program. Hoping to move on from speed as well. It appears sewak and preston tenures are over (whew).

will their be a get back coach?
has @kg01 applied?

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
No worries CPJ may build him a guest house and let him be his caddy on the golf course, net man while fishing, towel/pool boy when swimming, cigar cutter, and driver if he decides to go somewhere. He has been well taken care of over the past decade! Lol!
This is no joke. Your probably right. Glad he is gone

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
things of interest:

Does current S&C staff stay
Does DMo stay
Woody??? Gone to another program. Hoping to move on from speed as well. It appears sewak and preston tenures are over (whew).

will their be a get back coach?
has @kg01 applied?

1. I'd be okay with a new S&C program....
2. I think DMo is a school employee, 99% sure he was here with Gailey too

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
1. I'd be okay with a new S&C program....
2. I think DMo is a school employee, 99% sure he was here with Gailey too

Dmo was hired by Chan; and back then due to rules etc put on as admin staff. Although technically correct, should Collins choose to use that head for another person he can do that.

Lets say our budgets are restricted and collins wants another recruiting staff person...just saying..unpopular decisions may be better in long run.

I am also not a fan of some of our recruiting staff....that may change....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Will the sewak guest house will need no extra beds for all the ex players to visit and say thanks and get wise council.

Status
Not open for further replies.