Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Dmo was hired by Chan; and back then due to rules etc put on as admin staff. Although technically correct, should Collins choose to use that head for another person he can do that.

Lets say our budgets are restricted and collins wants another recruiting staff person...just saying..unpopular decisions may be better in long run.

I am also not a fan of some of our recruiting staff....that may change....
DMo is more valuable to our recruiting than almost anyone else we have on staff. When recruiting visits happen, they spend an extensive amount of time with DMo and he leads several of the sessions. He talks up GT better than anyone I've ever seen. I've been to two meetings in middle Georgia (big FCA meeting and a local Chamber of Commerce meeting) that he was invited to be the guest speaker - he did more good for Georgia Tech those two appearances than Calvin Johnson could have. At the Chamber of Commerce meeting, he said, "There are 3 things I take the most pride in in my life. One is that I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Two is that I get to be a father and husband to my family. And, three, that I get to wake up every morning and go to work for the Georgia Institute of Technology." (please imagine that in DMo's voice)

Anyone who doesn't retain DMo, I will be seriously questioning their judgment.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It seems a little puzzling to me that from all indications only two candidates were interviewed. Clemson's Scott was called "a candidate" but that is beyond doubtful as nobody ever talked to him. More like message board hopes probably. But if the job is that desirable, where were the candidates?
Just because only 2 candidates were publicly mentioned (in anonymous rumors, at that) doesn't mean those were the only two people the AD and his team looked at and/or interviewed. They wanted to keep it tight lipped, and I for one am glad they handled it that way. While it feels good for fans to hear every detail about what's happening in the search, it actually can risk interfering with it when it's all public.

Georgia Tech Fan
Yea, I hate Orange Bowls and Conf Championships too.

You can be excited about the new regime (which I am) and still respect the accomplishments of the old. No need to bash Johnson and staff, especially given what they achieved and the good they did for the program in their time here.
Agree 100%

As a poster mentioned earlier Johnson could have rode his contract out or made Stansbury fire him. Which would have cost the program alot of money, but he didn't. He went out with class. Some people on here need to learn to have some class and not bash a man who did more for this school than they ever will.

Now I think Collins will be a GREAT hire. I was hoping for Monken, but I said all along if it wasn't Monken then id love to see Collins get a shot.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Agree 100%

As a poster mentioned earlier Johnson could have rode his contract out or made Stansbury fire him. Which would have cost the program alot of money, but he didn't. He went out with class. Some people on here needs to learn to have some class and not bash a man who did more for this school than they ever will.

Now I think Collins will be a GREAT hire. I was hoping for Monken, but I said all along if it wasn't Monken then id love to see Collins get a shot.

Agree 100%. Was a Johnson supporter until about this season when it seemed things were really starting to go downhill. But there is still no denying that Johnson did a hell of a lot for this school and in 08 when he was hired it was a perfect fit.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes, if we can afford to pay a coach like the factories, which at least history says we cannot. Some coaches actually prefer to make more $$, and they also like to recruit where they are not as handicapped, so my original statement stands - unless Clem'sSon start recruiting at a very low level or has bad coaching, we probably won't be soon "beating them consistently", but we can hope.
We hired Tstan at Clemson 16 game. At half time our rushing yards and their score were the same. It's getting worse with Duke joining in on the fun.
Let's not think that hiring GC is likely to be anything lose to constiently beating clem or uga. At end of 3rd q in uga 18 we twice as good as Clemson as we had 100 yes and they had 45 points.

GC s job IMO is to make gt football fun while consistently beating most of the coastal (5,6 wins) and continuing to slaughter the crummy teams.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We hired Tstan at Clemson 16 game. At half time our rushing yards and their score were the same. It's getting worse with Duke joining in on the fun.
Let's not think that hiring GC is likely to be anything lose to constiently beating clem or uga. At end of 3rd q in uga 18 we twice as good as Clemson as we had 100 yes and they had 45 points.

GC s job IMO is to make gt football fun while consistently beating most of the coastal (5,6 wins) and continuing to slaughter the crummy teams.

Agree about Duke, ice. We have to give it to Cutcliffe, though. For Duke, he really has recruited some decent players. For those that hate the option, I realize it wasn't fun for them, but for me, the last 11 years were very, very enjoyable, and I hope that fun continues with the new offense. I always had hope because of the offense, although it was a small amount of hope when we played factories, it was hope.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
DMo is more valuable to our recruiting than almost anyone else we have on staff. When recruiting visits happen, they spend an extensive amount of time with DMo and he leads several of the sessions. He talks up GT better than anyone I've ever seen. I've been to two meetings in middle Georgia (big FCA meeting and a local Chamber of Commerce meeting) that he was invited to be the guest speaker - he did more good for Georgia Tech those two appearances than Calvin Johnson could have. At the Chamber of Commerce meeting, he said, "There are 3 things I take the most pride in in my life. One is that I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Two is that I get to be a father and husband to my family. And, three, that I get to wake up every morning and go to work for the Georgia Institute of Technology." (please imagine that in DMo's voice)

There are very few "DMo's" in this world, and I agree that if CGC sends him packing, I will have even greater concern than I do now.

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't have a problem with the hire, but these "rah rah" guys usually fizzle out after a 2 or 3 years..With the exception being Dabo but he's matured the last few years.. I hope its a buyout friendly(GT) contract !!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

I wont. I will allow our coach to create his staff how he sees fit without jumping to these massive conclusions based on a single move.

His judgment may be great despite people’s objections

Status
Not open for further replies.