Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking forward to coach Collins if this works out. I’m not opposed to change, but our struggles against Duke and Clemson aren’t due to the triple option. CFB has changed over the past decade.

Lol...wow. Now Clemson I understand but Duke? College football changing not the 3O has caused us to lose 4-5 to Duke? You have been brainwashed by the 3O service academy offense apologists. As Michael Scott said “ you have no idea how high I (we) can fly.”

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol...wow. Now Clemson I understand but Duke? College football changing not the 3O has caused us to lose 4-5 to Duke? You have been brainwashed by the 3O service academy offense apologists. As Michael Scott said “ you have no idea how high I (we) can fly.”

Good day to you too sir.

Deleted member 2897

Geoff Collins was offered - a 5 year deal worth $14m that escalates over time. He verbally accepted it on the spot, but wanted some time to talk it over with his wife Jennifer to make sure they were on the same page. There should be an announcement by this weekend.

How's that for a dream I had last night? Crazy when you think about this stuff in your sleep.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this might actually happen LOL.

Big visit weekend, Lots of reasons to try and get this done.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
If he brings the OC this is a comprehensive breakdown of the offense.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/film-room-inside-look-at-temple-s-offense

It’s a run oriented spread that plays at different tempos. He does like to throw it so no more 6 pass attempts per game. More like 20. He does run option offense.

I could get behind this. Run oriented spread with some balance in the passing game. If Collins doesn’t bring his OC (assuming Collins is in fact coming), I hope we’re able to pay for him to hire the guy he wants.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
Heard from a very reliable source that Collins will be announced today. Sounds like the cat is already “out of the bag”, but I’m glad it’ll get done today prior to this big recruiting weekend.

The source works for a recruiting firm that specializes in coaches.
You can't say " cat out of the bag"!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Temple’s offense wasn’t bad. Top 50 in total offense top 25 in scoring offense.

258ED438-C970-45BA-B4D3-27BC35487FF4.png
E3577B04-D205-4505-B43A-624432353013.png
Wouldn’t make sense for a defense oriented coach to not bring a DC that fit his ideals. I am more interested in what offense he wants to bring. His Tenple defense has been good. The offense has not.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So does he stay at Temple and coach them through their bowl game or does he go ahead and get busy here? We have a big recruiting weekend and it’s be nice if he stayed to try and wrap the class up and keep the guys we have. But with PJ still on staff through the bowl game how would that work?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
So does he stay at Temple and coach them through their bowl game or does he go ahead and get busy here? We have a big recruiting weekend and it’s be nice if he stayed to try and wrap the class up and keep the guys we have. But with PJ still on staff through the bowl game how would that work?

CPJ is a man of character and integrity. He said he’d do anything to help and I believe him.

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m gonna say he comes here ASAP going from track record

Status
Not open for further replies.