Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Maryland, the geniuses who paid the ACC tens of millions of dollars to become a fish out of water in the Big-whatever-they-are.
Regardless of your feelings on Maryland, the statement stands unless you know of another school that has interest in Collins...

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Umm, what was wrong with Philly in the 90s?
72f1ce00-b0f3-46d0-80a1-4b31821fffec.jpg

;)
He had to leave Philly because it was too violent. That was the basis of the show.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of your feelings on Maryland, the statement stands unless you know of another school that has interest in Collins...
Rumor was that Geoff was actively seeking GT. Maybe Maryland AD texted him and he told them to get lost. We will never know. If he's picked, let's assume it's because TStan believes he's the best available.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Great place in two years? Come on man, that ain’t how it works. He just needs to show enough potential to get hired by one of the SEC dumpster fires willing to pay 4-5 mill.

That resume would be a red flag in any other industry. Hopefully he’d settle in, but I’m not sold just yet.

I do think he brings a ton of positives if he’s the guy though. He caters to the generation he’s recruiting. I think we could up our talent level significantly. I’m not sold on this, “Tech will never recruit” narrative that so many here pitch.

Only reason i don’t believe in your theory is because he hasn’t made many, or if any, lateral moves in his career. To suggest all it would take is a USC or Kentucky offering 4-5mil for him to leave doesn’t pass the smell test. It’s not his MO

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just like you guys, I would like this to be over soon, but I want to know that 5-6 guys (supposedly, we had LOTS of interest in our job) actually received an interview and a fair shake.
Been at least 3 interviews I’ve heard of, maybe another a
Speaking of that, Maryland is about 100 miles from where Geoff Collins coaches and they had no interest in him. No need for Stansbury to rush on a guy no other schools seem to be noticing.
do you have inside info? J/W if you really know that other teams didn’t have interest? I’ll also add, that could be said about the other coaches that just got jobs at other schools, right? There are so many coaches it’s not even funny, I’d imagine picking from such a big pool it would be common for something like this.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Do you honestly believe TStan only interviewed two people? There have been 3 reported. KW, Collins and Woody. Just because the news didn’t break anything doesn’t mean others weren’t interviewed. Todd said from his message the other day that the media had inaccurate reports and he did not intend on holding a public process.

Some of you just look for the negative in literally everything. It’s ****ing annoying.
I was joking around

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Been at least 3 interviews I’ve heard of, maybe another a

do you have inside info? J/W if you really know that other teams didn’t have interest? I’ll also add, that could be said about the other coaches that just got jobs at other schools, right? There are so many coaches it’s not even funny, I’d imagine picking from such a big pool it would be common for something like this.
I know that Maryland did not. I have not seen Collins linked to any other schools, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.