Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I don't see that the two defensive philosophies are different. What I saw in the old video interview of Collins a couple of days ago seemed to me to be totally in line with Woody's approach --- ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Yeah, but would CPJ keep an OC that ran an option based offense from the gun? I just think there will be too many cooks in the kitchen if Nate stays. I really like Nate’s defense better than Collin’s defense, but it is kinda like a mechanic taking his car to another mechanic. It just won’t be done right.

CPJ said that you might as well dance with the one that brung ya, so that is what I expect CC to do.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Would be surprised if announced until after their bowl game but need to let recruits know that can sign on 12th. Could announce and still coach their bowl game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but would CPJ keep an OC that ran an option based offense from the gun? I just think there will be too many cooks in the kitchen if Nate stays. I really like Nate’s defense better than Collin’s defense, but it is kinda like a mechanic taking his car to another mechanic. It just won’t be done right.

CPJ said that you might as well dance with the one that brung ya, so that is what I expect CC to do.
Slow down, dudes not coach yet.

GT_EE78

Banned
It is fine if Geoff interviewed, and the powers that be came away impressed with his charm and presentation. But, if Todd let others know that they would have the same opportunity, it is ethical and right to make that happen before an offer is rendered. Also, there is really NO huge rush. Geoff is not being courted by anyone else right now. He isn't going anywhere.
yup,yup,yup as i understand it we're the last P5 in the market which gives us an edge, but being last is getting too familiar.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
What reports have said that TS only interviewed two people? I have only seen reports indicating that he interviewed KW and GC, but I have not seen any reports that nobody else was interviewed. Apparently one guy was hanging out in the Hotel that TS was staying in in New York watching for coaches to come in, but many of the people reporting are nowhere close to where TS is and can't possibly know who he has or has not talked to.
It was more of a joke the only two names we have heard is KW and GC. Kw pulled his name out. My point was it hard not to be in the lead when you’re the only one that has interviewed

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
It is fine if Geoff interviewed, and the powers that be came away impressed with his charm and presentation. But, if Todd let others know that they would have the same opportunity, it is ethical and right to make that happen before an offer is rendered. Also, there is really NO huge rush. Geoff is not being courted by anyone else right now. He isn't going anywhere.
Speaking of that, Maryland is about 100 miles from where Geoff Collins coaches and they had no interest in him. No need for Stansbury to rush on a guy no other schools seem to be noticing.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
We keep seeing people say only 2 interviews... who's to say he hasn't already interviewed 3 or 4 guys and we just don't know about it? Maybe he interviews 2 more tomorrow and meets that "5 to 6" cuota that everyone keeps talking about. I trust that Stansbury knows what he's doing, just because it's his first rodeo in Atlanta doesn't mean it's his first rodeo.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We keep seeing people say only 2 interviews... who's to say he hasn't already interviewed 3 or 4 guys and we just don't know about it? Maybe he interviews 2 more tomorrow and meets that "5 to 6" cuota that everyone keeps talking about. I trust that Stansbury knows what he's doing, just because it's his first rodeo in Atlanta doesn't mean it's his first rodeo.
I said similar earlier about us maybe not knowing about all the interviews.

Regarding you rodeo statement, this is his first time hiring a football coach. So this kinda is his first rodeo.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He’s never hired a head football coach before, iirc. So this is his first rodeo.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
I have to think TStan had to be “beating the bushes” somewhat during the year as well. If you’re the AD and your HC is having open dialogue with you that he’s considering retirement, what are you supposed to do?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Side note, Philly is an amazing city. It’s not like it was in the 90’s.
Umm, what was wrong with Philly in the 90s?
72f1ce00-b0f3-46d0-80a1-4b31821fffec.jpg

;)

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to note to all the reports of Collins being the lead candidate, if you go by the reports we have only interviewed 2 people, one which has pulled is name out.

Do you honestly believe TStan only interviewed two people? There have been 3 reported. KW, Collins and Woody. Just because the news didn’t break anything doesn’t mean others weren’t interviewed. Todd said from his message the other day that the media had inaccurate reports and he did not intend on holding a public process.

Some of you just look for the negative in literally everything. It’s ****ing annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.