Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Scott Frost was supposed to be the Savior at Nebraska also and he lost his first 6 games, Tech Fans be ready for a rough couple of years if Stansbury hires this below average guy; If he was dead set in going away from the Option offense he should have hired Tony Elliott

Are you truly going to judge a coach after 1 season? Jeezus.

Guess you would have fired Boss Ross after first year.

But we need to interview others, especially Elliott.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
He’s not below average, but he’s not a good hire either.

Based on what? I think he would be a great hire. He is local so I think this would see this as a long term gig. From what I can see, he’s had success everywhere he’s been. He should have a recruiting network in Georgia and the southeast, which is important. Tony Elliott was on the top of my list but I think Elliott would see Tech as a stepping stone and would leave in 3-4 seasons if he was successful here. Elliott has had success with 5-stars with low academic standards but how would he do at Tech? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on what? I think he would be a great hire. He is local so I think this would see this as a long term gig. From what I can see, he’s had success everywhere he’s been. He should have a recruiting network in Georgia and the southeast, which is important. Tony Elliott was on the top of my list but I think Elliott would see Tech as a stepping stone and would leave in 3-4 seasons if he was successful here. Elliott has had success with 5-stars with low academic standards but how would he do at Tech? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can go back and look at my old posts that provide some numbers. Way over simplified version is that Collins ran from MSU after Mullen publicly criticized him repeatedly for doing a poor job (MSU finished around 105th in passing D and had just lost to Ole Miss again). Collins went to Florida where I believe he enjoyed the dividends of Muschamp’s defensive recruiting. He’s now at Temple where he has failed to have as good of seasons as his predecessor and has not surpassed his predecessor in recruiting rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.