Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I would rather wait a few days and interview a few more candidates. I don't think Collins is in the running for anywhere else currently. It does sound like Todd has talked to a few though.

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Scott Frost was supposed to be the Savior at Nebraska also and he lost his first 6 games, Tech Fans be ready for a rough couple of years if Stansbury hires this below average guy; If he was dead set in going away from the Option offense he should have hired Tony Elliott

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Still have to worry about NW going to App St as HC though. And isn’t Collins a defense guy anyway? Be interesting to see his staff.
According to Football Scoop the main candidates for the Appalachian State head coaching job are

NCSU Offensive Line Coach Dwayne Ledford

Western Carolina head football coach Mark Speir

Current Appalachian State Interim Head Coach Mark Ivey

Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
According to Football Scoop the main candidates for the Appalachian State head coaching job are

NCSU Offensive Line Coach Dwayne Ledford

Western Carolina head football coach Mark Speir

Current Appalachian State Interim Head Coach Mark Ivey

Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton
Good news! Thanks!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
A lot of people were upset about KW possibly being offered the job (me included) in part because Stansbury had only interviewed one candidate. Will folks be cool with it because Stansbury interviewed two candidates? Solely addressing the issue on number of candidates; not trying to get into another arguement over why I think Collins is a bad hire.
He is a fine candidate. If he and KW were the only ones interviewed then, then yes I am upset with TStan's decision making. We don't know if there have been any non-rumored interviews though, so it's hard to say.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think it helps knowing Geoff Collins really wanted this job bad. I think as an AD and as a fan that means alot. He grew up a GT fan so that means alot to me

I could in no way care any less what team a coach grew up admiring. Totally irrelevant. Darryl Royal played at freaking OU. vince dooley was an auburn man.

I want a s.o.b. coach to win, not whine, and beat the intestines out of ugag.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Scott Frost was supposed to be the Savior at Nebraska also and he lost his first 6 games, Tech Fans be ready for a rough couple of years if Stansbury hires this below average guy; If he was dead set in going away from the Option offense he should have hired Tony Elliott

Who are you talking about and why is he “below average”? Is anybody but your choice below average?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.