Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Besides running a version of our current offense and being a CPJ disciple, can someone please explain to me the appeal of Monken?

I feel like there isn't much there in terms of being able to compete on a P5 level.
38-16 at Southern
Has a chance at back to back 10 win season at Army 27-10 the past three season. Add a win vs Navy and Bowl game that makes it 11-2 this year and 29 victories in three seasons

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

A lot of people were upset about KW possibly being offered the job (me included) in part because Stansbury had only interviewed one candidate. Will folks be cool with it because Stansbury interviewed two candidates? Solely addressing the issue on number of candidates; not trying to get into another arguement over why I think Collins is a bad hire.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
A lot of people were upset about KW possibly being offered the job (me included) in part because Stansbury had only interviewed one candidate. Will folks be cool with it because Stansbury interviewed two candidates? Solely addressing the issue on number of candidates; not trying to get into another arguement over why I think Collins is a bad hire.
Not sure we'll ever know exactly how many candidates he talked to.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I would think before they give us an official word timing would allow him to talk to his players and let them know first. But with recruits. Coming in this weekend time is short.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
That would seem to be indicative of the KW or Monken route. Did TStan actually say we'll recruit 2 stars and develop them into 5 stars or is that your addition?
Not literally, but he was saying we should be able to develop players into 5 star talent.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

We don't know if KW was offered or not. We don't know how many coaches TS has talked to. I don't put much stock in the "flagship" hearing from an anonymous person who happened to sit next to KW's wife and found out that he was offered with 48 hours to decide. Getting upset over rumors reported by the media isn't a very constructive action. TS is not going to provide a list of every potential candidate that he spoke to, so there is no reason to get upset purely off of speculation.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I think it helps knowing Geoff Collins really wanted this job bad. I think as an AD and as a fan that means alot. He grew up a GT fan so that means alot to me

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
You don't know how many guys have been contacted. If Collins has been determined to be our best option and he has indicated that a deal can be worked out, there is no reason not to close the deal to help our recruiting. I'm going to support Collins regardless of the offense he brings if he really is the chosen one.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan

If Todd didn’t interview multiple candidates (remember, he said numerous coaches have reached out since the announcement) he’s not done due diligence. I prefer Monken but think Collins is a good potential hire, but has Todd “swung for the fences”? Has he put in calls to Gus, Urban, Gundy, Ryan, or even Heupel or Neil Brown? It’s apparent we did not contact Satterfield who was number one on my wish list. For us to interview only two, one of which is a friend, doesn’t look good. (though again I think Collins is a solid choice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.