Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
So if we bring Geoff Collins on, who's the OC? Can he call plays too or do we need to add another staff? Wonder how that affects HC budget since CPJ did both .

The downside here is we probably lose Nate. I support Collins, but two different defensive philosophies probably won’t be able to exist. Collin’s defense is what he has built his reputation on so I bet that (and rightfully so) is what we run.

Offensively, I am not sure what we will run. If you take the stance of “what do we hate defending”, I would say a spread RPO scheme. Kinda like what Oklahoma State runs.
I don't see that the two defensive philosophies are different. What I saw in the old video interview of Collins a couple of days ago seemed to me to be totally in line with Woody's approach --- ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Money shouldn’t be an issue. CPJ retired so there is no buyout or anything like that. I’m expecting an influx of cash donations( former players and donors who didn’t care for CPJ style)c ACCN, Adidas and etc. i would be surprised if that number is around 500k
Surely you don’t mean a salary of 500k for the OC? That would rank our OC as roughly the 130th paid assistant coach. Hell, Michigan pays there special teams coordinator 500k.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Surely you don’t mean a salary of 500k for the OC? That would rank our OC as roughly the 130th paid assistant coach. Hell, Michigan pays there special teams coordinator 500k.
Nate Woody makes 575,000. I want us to get OC/DC's worth more then 600k, but we haven't had one yet (Ted Roof did not produce enough for his salary).

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Collins looks good on the surface, but based on history I’m not sure we’d have him for more than two years. That worries me a bit...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Earlier today an article surfaced that said Todd was going to interview 5-6 candidates, yet now it’s “a deal may happen tonight.”

These guys in the media are so full of crap. They phrase it all so there’s no way they can be wrong, then if it happens they claim to be the first that broke the story.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
upload_2018-12-6_19-25-33.png

FWIW

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-6_19-25-33.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-6_19-25-33.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 56

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It sounds like Kendal Briles is out as possible OC at GT. Kendal Briles is interviewing tomorrow for the Tennessee OC job in Knoxville and will probably take it according to the word that's going around.
Tennessee needs to step away from their outdated pro offense ;) They could do amazingly worse then Briles.

Status
Not open for further replies.