Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Don’t sign up for Rivals. It’s a board full of complainers just like here but you pay to read that drivel.

Plus I found that there is just as much speculation over there that there is here. KQ isn’t an “insider” he is a media member just like anyone else. He isn’t allowed at practice just like Ken Segura isn’t allowed at practice so you can get practice reports anywhere. You pay for his opinion and thoughts on things. He thought Jalen Camp was going to have a break out year. I’m still waiting for Camp to make a single play.

KQ was totally blindsided by CPJ's retirement when there were rumors here and other boards at least a week before. I have never been impressed with his scoops. I will gladly take his info for free from those who want to share, of course. lol

Deleted member 2897

KQ was totally blindsided by CPJ's retirement when there were rumors here and other boards at least a week before. I have never been impressed with his scoops. I will gladly take his info for free from those who want to share, of course. lol

So CPJ told literally nobody outside his immediate family in advance. Nobody. And you're disappointed somehow he didn't let Rivals know. LOL.

Deleted member 2897

Geoff Collins makes somewhere right around $2m/year. What do we offer him - $2.5m? No idea. But that leaves some money in the kitty for...uhhhhhhh, oh yea, to pay off our unsold tickets to the Quick Lane Bowl. Nevermind.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So CPJ told literally nobody outside his immediate family in advance. Nobody. And you're disappointed somehow he didn't let Rivals know. LOL.

If you've been following along, CPJ told a few people, hence all the speculation the last few weeks of the season which made GT fans "Dumb media..."

Then when the news broke...

Deleted member 2897

If you've been following along, CPJ told a few people, hence all the speculation the last few weeks of the season which made GT fans "Dumb media..."

Then when the news broke...

Yes I've been following along. I know he wanted to quit a couple times in the last few years including a couple months ago too.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Collins makes somewhere right around $2m/year. What do we offer him - $2.5m? No idea. But that leaves some money in the kitty for...uhhhhhhh, oh yea, to pay off our unsold tickets to the Quick Lane Bowl. Nevermind.
Actually we do have money. Tstan told Dewberry he would give KW serious consideration and an interview if Dewberry came up with a check. Tstan is now waiting on the check to clear before he offers Collins.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Specifically why would you pick Elliott over Collins? It’s not even close experience wise. Collins is a great recruiter.
I just don’t get the live for Elliott. What has he done but keep running Chad Morris’ offense. I guess the is young and full of energy. Elliott does not compare to KW experience wise either.

All you guys need to take second compare resumes. Collins is a real believer in Tech so is KW. Don’t see that from Elliott. He is Clemson through and through, it would be just a job for him.

If we want a coordinator they better have a resume like Kirby Smart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elliot doesn't have experience because he has risen through the ranks so fast. He's risen through the ranks so fast because he's excelled at every level. It has more to do with his character than experience, his resourcefulness and having faith in himself by taking the hard road. He could have chosen an easy major, but he chose i.e. and graduated with the highest gpa on his team. He had enough faith in himself as a football player to walk on, earn a scholarship, and become a team captain. This spells leadership. I don't have anything against Collins - I think he, too would be an excellent choice. But Elliott has success written all over him, and someone who believes in himself and has proven himself to this extent makes me believe in him, too. Mark my words, Elliott will be a very successful head coach some day soon. I think the odds of that happening are extremely high.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Elliot doesn't have experience because he has risen through the ranks so fast. He's risen through the ranks so fast because he's excelled at every level. It has more to do with his character than experience, his resourcefulness and having faith in himself by taking the hard road. He could have chosen an easy major, but he chose i.e. and graduated with the highest gpa on his team. He had enough faith in himself as a football player to walk on, earn a scholarship, and become a team captain. This spells leadership. I don't have anything against Collins - I think he, too would be an excellent choice. But Elliott has success written all over him, and someone who believes in himself and has proven himself to this extent makes me believe in him, too. Mark my words, Elliott will be a very successful head coach some day soon. I think the odds of that happening are extremely high.

I suspect you are right about Elliott. I just think someone without head coaching experience is always going to be a tough sell for the powers that be at GT.

But yeah, I bet Elliott makes some AD look like a genius someday.

I would be excited for Elliott, but I don't think we are getting him, so I am throwing all my hype at Collins.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
so here is the thing about geoff. I remember him well. He is a bigtime GOL tree guy. He loved tech, and being on that staff. I remember him as a GA, talked to him a bit he worked on O; BOB was our RB coach. It was a really solid tree. When GOL left he did, he kinda had too. Chan kept BOB; but wanted to do some different things. Geoff probably would have gone with GOL to ND.

After a few years he kinda begged/badgered/borrowed and stealed to get back here on Chans staff. So he got kinda an admin job. He was a really strong recruiter; did a good job; but couldn't turn down Bama. He made a bad choice trying to pull kids from us there, gave it a bad taste in everyones mouth. I wouldn't say he burnt bridges so much as didn't need to do it. But he was a young dude, trying to make a splash, fiery type. Very ambitious.

Geoff wants to be here. For sure.

The only problem is this. He has a track record of it too. He was tech Dr of personnel. left after one year for the same position at bama...school upgrade.
He was DC for Miss St for a short time. Left, to UF for same position. School upgrade.
He went to temple, short time, HC, maybe now Tech in same position, school upgrade.

He has lived in more cities in the Southeast than most I know of over a short tenure.

So if this is our coach, IF, then tech needs a hefty buyout on his end. Because either way we will be stuck with his pricetage if we fire him. Otherwise...he could do ok here for 2 years and make a splash and be gone in a heartbeat IMO.
Where can I sign up for a 2 year splash now? Don't care if it means a new coach. We'll be in a better spot than today.

Status
Not open for further replies.