Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
At the college level I believe that is the ceiling. Don't act like Whisenhunt has done anything in the pros without a great QB that didn't really need a great OC.
I guess that is why there was talk of Rivers retirement or being traded. Whiz saved him

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think that Whiz’ Chargers being in the playoffs is a major impediment to his getting the job. Can’t see him leaving Rivers at the alter in midst of playoffs and the SB is in Feb, so he’d be missing almost 2 critical months of work, including hiring assistants and recruiting. That could/should be a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing our luck, Chargers make an extended run into the Super Bowl after we announce Whiz as HC.

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
He was the HC - he had experience as an OC, but he could not hire or fire the OC????

Bottom line - twice, he was responsible for developing good young QBs, Mariota and Leinart. He failed BOTH times. I do not understand what anyone is thinking here.

Do any of you supporters of this remember Gailey?
lol. Bless your heart

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
But our own little T. Boone ****(ens) will get to puff his chest out and admire all tha passes. Ooh, and lookit a tight end!

Wait, what's the score?

Exactly, KG. It appears the forward pass is the only goal here. And, maybe hiring a former GT man. Success on the field seems to be secondary with this choice.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess that is why there was talk of Rivers retirement or being traded. Whiz saved him

I guess. It's not like he didn't know how to play - maybe he was just getting tired of working for the other OC and he likes Whisenhunt?. I hope Whisenhunt works out, I do. I don't think he will, but I do if it's him.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Lets say Whisenhunt hires an OC to install the spread offense seen at most colleges.... That pretty much guarantees Lucas Johnson the starting QB spot, and probably results in transfer for Tobias Oliver and James Graham.

Kirvonte Benson and Dontae Smith becoming the primary RB's.... Thunder and lightning.

Malachi Carter, Dolphus, Jaylen Jackson, and Adonicas Sanders are the wideouts. Good size but no idea how they will play in a spread offense.

Convert Jalen Camp to tight end.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, the "donors want Whiz and TStan is just going along with it" rumor is not the only one out there. Some say it is the exact opposite scenario.

Very true. Not all donors agree. Like us. We all dont agree. Egos baby. Egos. Which donor can influence more.

Imagine jerry jones vs t boone pickens. Or the like

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
So...the only place on ye olde interwebz that I can find that believes Whisenhunt to Tech is a thing is this board. Call me crazy, but I don’t think anybody’s actually reported anything here.

Status
Not open for further replies.