Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not excited about Whiz, but Saban sucked in the NFL...so there’s that. Not at all saying KW is another Saban. But...oh hell...I don’t know what I’m trying to say anymore!!!!!

Perhaps the most shocking and bewildering news from this whole thread is the fact that there's both a @TaxJacket and a @TheTaxJacket .

I'm proposing locking you both in a dark room. 2 man enter, 1 man leave ....

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Okay, so go ahead and hire the guy so we can see who his staff's going to be, and if we're going to get a bunch of NFL buddies who've never recruited a hs kid in their lives like Gailey did before he caught on too late.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wanted Lane Kiffin !! I don’t know if it will work or not but it looked great last night. Hell its got to be better than what we had.

It looked great with a Hall of Fame QB, Phillip Rivers. When he had Mariota and Leinart, it did not look great. It does not "have to be better than what we had". Chan was NOT better than what we had, and it could be worse than that. I hope not, but it could be.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
devils advocate on whiz:
Nick Saban has a bad pro record, but he spent most of his career in college. That doesn’t change the fact that the NFL is different than college, and the margin between being a playoff team and not is razor thin. There are egos to be managed, and salary and roster problems.
When he has a good QB, his teams do pretty well. Can he get a good QB to come to Tech? Chan had us competitive, his biggest downfall was the offense weirdly enough.
I think CFB is moving away from the Mark Richts and Paul Johnson’s to the Dabos and the Kirby Smarts. Still the leader and making overarching decisions, but less hands on with play calling. Do we have the money to go that route though?

Everyone assumes he will be Chan, but that isn’t the only way it could go. If he gets good college assistants around him and can close in living rooms, he could be a good fit.

But this also could be for naught and he isn’t the guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
todd didn't even interview anyone and offered whiz. Just fyi...not sure if true...but...text i got. anything from here fwd is backup

it was never about innovative
or good fit
or any of that crap. It was all about buddy. and donations

For the record, I 'like'd this post because I disliked the "process".

Shiiii, Eddie Fogler's "search" firm would've done a better job.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Well would not be my first choice, but we could do worst than Wiz!

His team is playing well this year, and he has been a major part of that. I’m curious to see his personality. I think that matters in college just as much as x’s and o’s.

Does anyone have any past interviews from him?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
devils advocate on whiz:
Nick Saban has a bad pro record, but he spent most of his career in college. That doesn’t change the fact that the NFL is different than college, and the margin between being a playoff team and not is razor thin. There are egos to be managed, and salary and roster problems.
When he has a good QB, his teams do pretty well. Can he get a good QB to come to Tech? Chan had us competitive, his biggest downfall was the offense weirdly enough.
I think CFB is moving away from the Mark Richts and Paul Johnson’s to the Dabos and the Kirby Smarts. Still the leader and making overarching decisions, but less hands on with play calling. Do we have the money to go that route though?

Everyone assumes he will be Chan, but that isn’t the only way it could go. If he gets good college assistants around him and can close in living rooms, he could be a good fit.

But this also could be for naught and he isn’t the guy.
Bingo. Chan, the ex-QB and supposed QB guy, had a staff that did excel at developing talent, but he never developed a QB of all things.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Perhaps the most shocking and bewildering news from this whole thread is the fact that there's both a @TaxJacket and a @TheTaxJacket .

I'm proposing locking you both in a dark room. 2 man enter, 1 man leave ....

He was first, if I knew before joining I would have changed it haha
Lol I’ve seen that. @TaxJacket are you a CPA?

I have passed the tests and just put in my application for the license last week. But if I knew there was a TheTaxJacket when I joined I would have picked something else lol

Status
Not open for further replies.