Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t understand it. Why do we want to change our identity.

1. I agree. Now our identity will be losers with a coach that was 3-20 AND very conservative

2. This is a determinant. NFL is boring and extremely complex. Those offenses don’t work in college as the limitations on practice and film time. It is proven time and again with extremely successsful college QB’s taking years to develope cause they were successful in “simple to understand from a QB perspective offenses”.

3. Yuck. That offense is boring and sucks. Works with Uber talent. We will never have Uber taken like UGa and Bama. UCF’s offense is easy and electrifying. I want something similar I guess.

4. You obviously have not been involved in recruiting. No it does not. Relationships = great recruiting. He has none.

5. His last team, the titans didn’t inspire confidence in that. Pure speculation.

6. Where is the evidence of this. Going to school at my alma mater in the ‘80’s does not prepare you for this. Heck going to school there in 98-02 when I went there does not. O’Leary and Gailey changed this look at the NCAA report and how we committed fraud to keep people eligible. Not gonna happen again.

7. So. Who cares. TE is boring. A fast OL is anything I want to see

8. KW is then Roof if Offense. Just boring.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I totally disagree with this in it's entirety ...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Only one name and interview has been made public. Hmmm. Anyone else find that interesting?

I think he did this as a courtesy and to pacify a couple donors, and now he’s off to do the real work.

I salute you for being willing to make an entirely different approach. You may be right but conventional wisdom says otherwise. I pray you are correct that this is an elaborate smokescreen to:

1) As you stated pacify a particular large donor or group of donors who are pushing Coach Whiz behind the scenes.

2) As a courtesy to a friend and former teammate to perhaps, polish his resume a bit

3) Give him breathing room to do the real work of contacting agents and coaches without the media breathlessly reporting his every move.

OR as conventional wisdom suggests this has been preordained before the foundation of the world by a an ever kind and merciful Providence and it is a done deal as we speak.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Why is Stansbury going to NY?

A.) That is where he decided to meet with KW
B.) He is there to talk to Jeff Monken
C.) He is doing some early Xmas shopping in Manhattan
D. He wants to take a spin on Nunley's Famous Carousel on Long Island
E. The College Football Hall of Fame Dinner is there tomorrow night

...it's also a great cover to escape our insanity and conduct business away from campus and meet with candidates who are located more in that part of the country.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
As pointed out in the Football Scoop article, Stansbury is going to NY because of the College Football Hall of Fame dinner in Manhattan.

If that's true I'm starting to think he has way too many commitments that are pulling him away from the program when we need him most. Playoff selection, hall of fame dinners, ect. Should be 100% focused on selling GT to a good bowl and getting interviews lined up.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
D. He wants to take a spin on Nunley's Famous Carousel on Long Island
E. The College Football Hall of Fame Dinner is there tomorrow night

...it's also a great cover to escape our insanity and conduct business away from campus and meet with candidates who are located more in that part of the country.

I don't know about you but I am past "insanity" I am going crazy. Funny, I never felt this anxiety when Coach Ross or Chan was hired. I did have a lot of emotions both good and bad about Bill Lewis. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Man... they need to hurry up and hire a coach. I am being kind of obsessed with this thread.[/QUOTE

It is ridiculous that I have allowed myself to become obsessed with hiring a football coach. I am usually much more circumspect and detached. I will be happy if we do not have a Tennessee type debacle that sets our program back a decade. Just give us that.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
He got fired after a year and a half in Tennessee who were happy winning 7 games a year with Jeff Fisher. His brilliant offensive mind averaged 16.5 ppg during his tenure there.

Well I wouldn't go so far to say we were "happy" with Jeff Fisher :D But we downright giddy with Fisher compared to our feeling for KW

Status
Not open for further replies.