Postseason Chances?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Guys were definitely tired. Missed free throws showed, all short. Lammers should have sat more, he looked dead out there. Unfortunately this loss probably ends our chances. Don't see us finishing better than 1-2.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
13/22 at the FT line against State... They were only 9/14

Not impossible to go 2-1 before Tournament, but will be improbable.
But hey, our season has been improbable so far as it is. So who knows.
Will be pulling for GT regardless.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Don't think 2-1 gets it with this loss unless State can win out. Maybe 2-1 and then winning 2 in the ACCT. This loss does not make us look good at all.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our NCAAT chances have become quite a bit slimmer, but 1 more win pretty much anywhere should get us to the NIT, which would still be a great outcome for this team and give us that much more practice time.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
After sleeping on it I still feel just as bad as after the game. So close. I know we are playing with house money but to make the dance would have been such a story and these kids play so hard they deserve it. I hate it for them. Our only chance is to win 2 of 3 and 1 or 2 in acc. Just don't see it happening.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
3-0, anything less and no NCAA.

I'm not surprised with the loss, had it as a likely loss since Sunday. It was a very obvious setup - coming off a big game win, less than 48 hrs later with a short, tired team.
I also have next Tuesday as a loss, and the 1st round of the ACC Tourney.

I do think GT pulls off one of the road games.

The end of year schedule sets up horribly for this team. Likely 3 straight weeks with a Sunday game followed by a Tuesday game (including the ACC Tourney).

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
3-0, anything less and no NCAA.

I'm not surprised with the loss, had it as a likely loss since Sunday. It was a very obvious setup - coming off a big game win, less than 48 hrs later with a short, tired team.
I also have next Tuesday as a loss, and the 1st round of the ACC Tourney.

I do think GT pulls off one of the road games.

The end of year schedule sets up horribly for this team. Likely 3 straight weeks with a Sunday game followed by a Tuesday game (including the ACC Tourney).
I hope you are wrong but I agree.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
IMO the loss only hurts us in that it makes it really tough to get to 9-9 now. That was the most winnable game of the four, really. I mean losing to State really isn't that awful except now we have to win a road game in a tough environment. Winning at Notre Dame and beating Pitt would be a huge shot to the arm. That plus an ACC tourney win might get it done.

That's going to be really hard to do...

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
If we can pull out either road game and beat Pitt at home we will be right on the bubble. As Lunardi says a road win is gold this time of year. Hell let's just win all 3 or make a deep run in acc and get in. I was down this morning but keeping the faith. This team will fight like crazy.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It is going to be tough, but if we pull out an upset @ND then we are right where we thought we would be at the beginning of the week, 1-1. It will be a tall order, but we have to play better offensively to start the game. That is 3 or 4 straight slow starts offensively. Need to get a lead against ND and never look back if we want to win at their place. IMO Tad and JO need to be on the floor together for most of the minutes. We need 2 scoring options on the wing.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
GT is gonna win these next 3 games. or we go 2-1 and go on a tear in the ACC tournament. The team is so close and the players know this and I bet they want it BAD. You saw it last night when they fought back to almost extend the game. They're gonna play their asses off.

~Drunk on Kool-Aid