Postseason Chances?

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer

Lot of action today. Rooting for Miami, Nova, Duke, Texas, LSU, Bonnies, UNI, Purdue, ISU, Xavier, OU, Ole Miss, A&M, Nebraska, George Mason, SMU, Wyoming, Marshall

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Today's games: Clemson and NC State really need to win today. Clemson has three tough games in a row. State is in danger of missing the post season completely. Pitt is reeling and their remaining schedule is daunting. Wake could really help themselves with a victory at Duke. Same with VT at Louisville.

All these great games on today and the weather in Oriental will be sunny and 71 degrees. The boat is already calling my name.

I have a league poker tournament tonight and all I want to do is sit on the porch and drink beers

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
So conventional wisdom would take Clemson out of the bubble conversation barring some kind of crazy run down the stretch. That game was pretty critical for them today.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
given this year's bubble I don't think 1 road loss will take much of anyone out.
Clemson likely has to win one of their next 2.

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
given this year's bubble I don't think 1 road loss will take much of anyone out.
Clemson likely has to win one of their next 2.

I wasn't really referring as much to this one loss today, but more the cumulative effects of these close losses for them. At 4-10 in ACC play it seems like they'd have to win out and get a game in the ACCT to have a good chance. Anyone know when the last 7-11 (or below) team made the NCAAT?

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wake/Duke coming down to the wire. Duke up 93-92 with the ball with 1:18 left. Collins with 31 and 14.

Duke hangs on to win 99-94.

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Clemson had the same issue we had this week. Miami knows they may not win any of their final four ACC games, so these last two were critical. Clemson finishes with NCSU and BC, but their next two will be tough games.

I think Wake is in trouble, despite their RPI. They only have one win against anyone currently in the top 50. To get another Top 50 win they have to beat Louisville at home or VT in Blacksburg. I do not understand the predictions having them in the tournament.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't just look at ACC scores, bubble teams are competing against bubble teams all across the country, not just in your conference.

Looking in that way, first last night - VCU beating Richmond is good, makes our road win look all the better and knocks Richmond out of any contention.
Stanford beating Cal is also good. Cal is currently on the good side of the bubble, but a loss moves then closer.

Today
Wake and Clemson losing is good for GT. Collins needs to keep putting up these huge numbers, he is playing himself into a 1st round draft pick.
Miami very much on the right side of the bubble.
Tough loss for VT, should affect their odds much. Amazing that both Wake-Duke and especially VT-L'ville played in the 90's.
Seton Hall lost to Nova, good
K ST currently up in a close game against TX. A K ST loss would be great.
TX Tech in close one at WVU. Go WVU.
St. Bonnies giving Dayton a tough game.
Ga ST currently up on UT-Arlingotn, go GSU.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Doesn't matter who beats who. Wake and Clemson losing and VT winning are the only important things solely because I want the 10 seed

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
FSU is the basketball equivalent to the "dumbest smart person I've ever met"

Pitt just completely dominated them. Bacon I don't think even scored. Sheldon Jeter had 5787 points.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
FSU is the basketball equivalent to the "dumbest smart person I've ever met"

Pitt just completely dominated them. Bacon I don't think even scored. Sheldon Jeter had 5787 points.
FSU will not make it out of the first rd of the NCAA tournament. They will face a senior laden well coached mid major and lose by 10.