Postgame: ND 31-GT 13

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Our inability to tackle cost us this game. We had numerous opportunities to stop them short of the 1st, only to watch them pick it up, plus 10 or 15, due to our lack of ability to put them on the ground. Their yards after contact has to be obscene. The other team's ability to hit quick crossing routes has also become a big problem.

Our special teams have turned into a complete disaster. CBK needs to figure this out, and fast. This is a joke.

A couple of running into the kicker calls should've been called on them, but weren't. Couple late hits out of bounds too.

Their coach is a punk. I don't know if Key shook his hand after, but I wouldn't have. Or, if I did, I would've told him to F off. I probably would've just gone to the locker room though.

Not much to do but move on, because that was a crap performance.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Slightly OT, but Indiana is crazy good and seemingly came out of nowhere. A lot can change between seasons.

I’m feeling pretty good about 2025, mainly due to our scheduling, Batt’s steaming dump on COFH notwithstanding. But time will tell who on the team sticks around.

We shouldn’t have to worry too much about our coaches getting poached. Meh.

slugboy

Staff member

IMG_0397.jpeg

The run game was shut down. We couldn't juke defenders our break tackles.

RushingNDGT
Scrimmage Plays6966
Rushes39 (57%)27 (41%)
  Power Run Attempts (Down ≥ 3, Distance ≤ 2)3 (8%)2 (7%)
  Successful Power Runs (Rate)3 (100%)1 (50%)
  Stuffed Runs (Yds Gained ≤ 0)6 (15%)6 (22%)
  Stopped Runs (Yds Gained ≤ 2)17 (44%)14 (52%)
  Opportunity Runs (Yds Gained ≥ 4)16 (41%)10 (37%)
OL Line Yards49.834.1
  Per Carry1.281.26
Highlight Yards69.517
  Per Rush Opportunity4.341.70
ExplosivenessNDGT
Total Plays7677
Scrimmage Plays6966
Explosive Plays3 (4%)4 (6%)
  When Passing (EPA > 2.4)0 (0%)3 (8%)
  When Rushing (EPA > 1.8)3 (8%)1 (4%)
EPA w/o Explosive Plays-11.80-27.07
  EPA/Play-0.18-0.44
  When Passing-6.10-16.32
    EPA/Play-0.20-0.42
  When Rushing-5.71-10.76
    EPA/Play-0.16-0.41

Attachments

• IMG_0396.png
    IMG_0396.png
    663.7 KB · Views: 24

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lol - Wut - Pyron is the biggest winner on this team
I mean I don’t want to be a ****…I love his heart…but let’s not forget about the starting QB who has won a bunch of games.

Offense looked really bad today…Against a really good defense…but they looked really bad. I think we had 40 yards rushing. Ouch. Is that Zach’s fault? Quite frankly I don’t know. But the offense was really bad today. We played ok and defense and didn’t remotely give the team a chance to win case in the offensive performance.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
ND is ranked 12th and our starting QB and LB’r didn’t play. We all knew this would be a tough day and that’s what it was. It will get better when we get our 2 leaders back and we’ll win a few more football games. We have a good football team when we’re healthy.

true, but none of that changes our ability to tackle or kick a field goal.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Slightly OT, but Indiana is crazy good and seemingly came out of nowhere. A lot can change between seasons.

I’m feeling pretty good about 2025, mainly due to our scheduling, Batt’s steaming dump on COFH notwithstanding. But time will tell who on the team sticks around.

We shouldn’t have to worry too much about our coaches getting poached. Meh.
I am concerned FSU may come after Weinke after this year's qb debacle there.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I mean I don’t want to be a ****…I love his heart…but let’s not forget about the starting QB who has won a bunch of games.

Offense looked really bad today…Against a really good defense…but they looked really bad. I think we had 40 yards rushing. Ouch. Is that Zach’s fault? Quite frankly I don’t know. But the offense was really bad today. We played ok and defense and didn’t remotely give the team a chance to win case in the offensive performance.
Their defensive game plan was simple, sell out to stop the run and make Zack beat them. Zack played pretty good but he couldn’t do it. The two INT’s were on him so not a great day. He’s a tough SOB.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Their defensive game plan was simple, sell out to stop the run and make Zack beat them. Zack played pretty good but he couldn’t do it. The two INT’s were on him so not a great day. He’s a tough SOB.
Zach did all that could reasonably be asked of him. Sometimes you just play a better D and today was that day. Still, Zach was 20/38 for 269 yards. Today was not on him.