POSTGAME #GTvsVT GT 28-VT 27

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
A lot of over reaction here, but I’m glad we got the dub. Pyron making good decisions. I thought it was funny when he ran it in. It’s almost like he was tired of the bad play calling and said F it I’m gonna do it my self. If we hand the ball off more to our RBs the game would’ve been over in the 3rd. Chip Long has no feel for the game. Way too many pass plays. Good running qb and good running backs. Nate is a good slot guy but we act like we have 3 stud WRs to run an Air Raid.

Happy for the win. Go Jackets!
That TD run in the 4th quarter reminded me of John Dewberry's TD run against UGA back in 1984.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Thanks! Could not see the game. Highlights makes it look like two bad teams trying to give the game away. 😂

There is a good bit of truth to that take away.

Ultimately, it was a one point win against a team that is now 2-7. It's better than a loss and we aren't really in a position to be complaining about wins, but it's not really impressive in the moment. The biggest positive take away to me is that Pyron showed potential to believe that he could be a quality starter for us down the line.

slugboy

Staff member
4 turnovers today for our 4th win.

Our field goal game rocks. Our kickoff coverage could be better. Our punt coverage—yikes!

Pyron wins his first start. He looked good. VT’s QB also looked really good. There were some gorgeous catches, and there were some bad drops. We had three good runners today—Hall, Felix, and Smith.

The biggest play according to the stats was the fumble at the end of the game. VT just needed a FG to win, but the fumble gave us time to run out the clock.

Our punting game cost us 14 points, and was the reason the game was so close. Something is off in the turnover stats though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B55CA13F-C6A2-41F8-9C28-5CBF41269347.jpeg

It was a pretty exciting game, if you hung on through the second half :D
game-wp-401411157.jpg.png

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
That was exciting! Pyron sure seems special, I can see why he won so many high school championships - the right combination of passing ability, decision making, running ability, and what a fighter! Blood running down his face and he's not giving up. Hard to ask for more in a QB, I really hope we get to see him explode here the next few years.

The defense played another really solid game. 4 takeaways, and every one of them was critical. Could have had two more if our guys didn't take each other out trying to make the play. CT1 all over the place as usual, the almost targeting call was a HIT. CP Lee has done well for a true freshman, excited for him going forward.

Shanahan deserves credit for punting pretty well, particularly when we were so backed up in the endzone. Coverage downfield was atrocious, but he did his job.

Gavin Stewart's name has not been said enough, he has been absolutely killing it and has been key to every win under CBK. It is a huge improvement to have such a reliable kicker to make sure we put points on the board.