#Postgame GT 9 - UVA 16

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
My eyes are bleeding from watching that game. This sealed the deal for This staff and made batts decision very easy. The rest of the season is going to be seeing who stays on the team or not.

Defense played their heart out and I give them all the respect in the world. I wish we had this defensive effort when Paul was here, we would have won a lot of games.

Sims is an ok QB at best, but with that said, what’s behind him is…searching for a word to describe it…well you know why he is still starting. My question is if Pyron can’t beat out Gibson…then what does that say?

Will be an entirely different team/look next year with a new coach with new schemes and with players transferring in and out. I don’t expect to be good next year with all new changes, but hopefully 2024 is our year!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand this. We are talent shy on offense, particularly without Sims.

But the players play hard. People are in the right place. The play calls make sense. The strategy makes sense. The sideline decisions are solid. The ST have been cleaned up.

What I'm saying is the coaches are doing a good job with what they have. We look competent for 3 games in a row, which was at least a season's worth for the prior HC.

Tonight's game reminded me of a couple of the early games in O'Leary's regime. We lost, but you could see the coaches were coaching well but we were missing key pieces. That's what I see here. There's nothing that says Key and Co. aren't doing a good job of pulling this thing as far out of the ditch as humanly possible.
Key owns the oline for 4 years. He is not even fixing the Oline. I certainly don’t want him as HC. I appreciate that he has brought some semblance of sanity back, but I could have found Pop Warner coaches who could do better than the last disaster.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I sat there the entire second half and kept thinking about how awful our third string QB must be not to get in the game at all. Or do we even have a third string QB?????

OTOH, it's nice to have a good defense. We are back to our usual norm after the last 3 years. Good on one only side of the ball at a time. Back to the days of Johnson and Gailey. I guess that is a step in the right direction.

Brooks is a baller in the secondary.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I remember after last years Miami game that I said that Miami probably played the worst game I have ever seen and still won. Well, that didn't hold up long. UVA is an awful team that played even more awful than normal tonight and we still couldnt beat them. Beyond frustrating.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Even with Sims in he wasn't running downhill. Clearly ankle was already an issue.

Makes me even madder about the Duke game. No phantom roughing the passer and Duke doesn't send it into OT. No OT and Sims doesn't get hurt.
Man I specifically said that in the Duke postgame chat. We may have won but not putting that game away when we should cost us our QB.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
why did it take until the second to last drive for Chip to call screens? Everything on the offensive side was awful. Give the D a lot of credit, but when you factor in the drops and missed field goals, it’s just being honest saying UVA left a lot of points off the board. Just not a good game

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Key owns the oline for 4 years. He is not even fixing the Oline. I certainly don’t want him as HC. I appreciate that he has brought some semblance of sanity back, but I could have found Pop Warner coaches who could do better than the last disaster.

OK. Let's say he's the worst OL coach in the history of the game. He's not trying out for that job. He's trying out for the HC job. Based on what I see, he's definitely in the running after 3 games.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Look yall. I’m upset but this team still has potential. Just gotta clean some **** up, hope sims is okay.
Ya Sims injury seems mild but he might still sit next week. Hope he’s a full go.
I won’t say his name but our backup QB should never be allowed to wear a GT uniform again.
didn’t even try to give his team a hope. Terrible

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The program has been on life support for a while and then we made a horrible hire with Collins. Batts has to get it right this time and then it will still take time before we have a good team.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Coach Pnut must have really scared off any QB talent. Gibson should have gotten more game prep if the Simms injury was so bad he couldn’t be used in the run game. All straight handoffs from Simms showed Va defense he was a non factor

Hard to recruit a good QB if you have someone who's an established starter coming back for a couple or three more years. Same problem we had when RB won ROTY as a freshman. Nobody wanted to come to Tech to sit behind an incumbent for several years.