#Postgame GT 9 - UVA 16

stigs02jrt

Banned
I don't have to. I talked to a former players dad today. His son told him that the team is a lot tighter than we think and pretty understanding about it. They're as upset with him as they are with themselves. They have a team mentality. They aren't looking to tar and feather Gibson out of the program.
This is exactly what I would expect. Teammates aren't gonna kill Gibson for the last play. These young kids love each other, it's us old ****s that are so cynical.

slugboy

Staff member
This is exactly what I would expect. Teammates aren't gonna kill Gibson for the last play. These young kids love each other, it's us old ****s that are so cynical.

There was a player’s meeting, and they probably hashed out the end of the game, and the middle, and the beginning:

Key said he was taking encouragement from his team’s response to the loss to the Cavaliers. One of the changes that Key has instituted since coach Geoff Collins’ dismissal Sept. 26 was to establish a leadership council of players. The group met Friday, Key said, and he opened the floor to players.
“Now, I’m not going to share what went on in that meeting, but it was powerful,” Key said. “It was a good meeting. Well, then that filters into your locker room, and that helps to build the type of team that you really want.”

Link:
I saw this AJC ePaper article on the AJC ePaper app and thought you’d be interested.

As Georgia Tech tries to rebound, Brent Key applies Nick Saban’s wisdom

For more great content like this subscribe to the AJC ePaper app here: https://myaccount.ajc.com/ajc/home
1666740336397.png