Postgame BC

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Bad.
CPJ should trust his passing game more.
OLine was getting abused on the run.
Too many pitches to nowhere.
Bend don't break on D with the exception of one play.
No pressure on the QB.

Good.
JT took the game over. The Real MVP
Antonio Simmons has his own party in the backfield all by himself.
Mills redemption.
Marshall looked good.
Passing game saved the game.

A Good Win against a Tough Team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Still listening to post game... But had to check in and see if MJs play had been mentioned.

His TD run, on what appeared to be at least one execution error, is noteworthy.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Ron West deserves a pat on the back. For the most part, there was a clean pocket. Also enjoyed watch JT5 stand in the pocket and deliver darts. About the only positive. This was a very good defense. We can take a lot away from this game to build off of.

Love reading your analysis. You could tell the wet field and conditions definitely affected the elusiveness. On plays where JT had to escape, he couldn't get away.

Where does Boston College grow their defense and where do we get some?

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Ron West deserves a pat on the back. For the most part, there was a clean pocket. Also enjoyed watch JT5 stand in the pocket and deliver darts. About the only positive. This was a very good defense. We can take a lot away from this game to build off of.

Couldn't agree more. For the most part, JT had pocket to throw from and looked extremely comfortable. You could sense the trust he had in his 0-line, which was something not always apparent last year.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
This was a very stout defense in a very wet, foreign environment. I'll give the offense a pass today because of that. The defense played well against an offense that was horrendous last year. Only had one true TD drive against us, one of them was a single 70+ yard run. I think we're all relieved we have Mercer at home next week. Time to fix the errors we saw today and hone the strengths against Mercer.

Passing game actually good when Justin went to a straight drop back. When he play faked or did anything extra is when the passing game look awful. Run blocking looked terrible. BC has a good defense, but they have an undersized DL. Running game looked good when we gave the ball to the B back on designed runs where the OL drove block. A win is a win.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Only 119 yards rushing and pretty much equal time of possession. :/

Still, only the first game, and a win is a win.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
HUGE 4th and 19 conversion to Qua Searcy. I think the biggest take away from today is - our team made big plays when the game was on the line. BC deserved the win prior to the last couple drives. But JT, QS and DM played their hearts out, and refused to lose. If we can win the close games this year, look out!

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
But they did well in BC's last 2 possessions, no?
Yes, they stepped up at some key times, which is an improvement in my eyes. I didn't get to see the game, but from the radio it sounded like we got some pressure (Antonio Simmons and Keshun), so that was also a potential improvement.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
A few more games like this and every GT fan will have to get their doctors to sign off stating that their "heart is healthy enough to endure four or more hours" of being a GT FAN!

PM me if you want a coreg Rx called in.