Post-season/Pre-season Team Workouts

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Thats a good point.
Egoscue is a similarbut targeted streching technique that stopped my duck walking and loosened up hamstrings and hips.

Surely they do all this stuff.

It's really effective at preventing injuries from hamstrings to ACL's, it has helped my back and balance tremendously.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
@DrJacket are the players using yoga? Stretching exercises?
I haven't asked what the specifics are of our offseason program this year. I haven't asked. My guess is that even if I did--there might be aspects that are confidential. Most of it, though, is probably pretty standard.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I haven't asked what the specifics are of our offseason program this year. I haven't asked. My guess is that even if I did--there might be aspects that are confidential. Most of it, though, is probably pretty standard.

That's disappointing

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's disappointing
I'm not sure that I've said anything that should be either encouraging or discouraging. I think most coaches would tell you-- there aren't a whole lot of magic elixirs in college football strength/conditioning. I'm sure each team has a few wrinkles that they hold close to the vest. Things they believe could be difference makers. But, for the most part the "magic" is up to how well the strength/conditioning staff communicate with the players. And, in how receptive and motivated the players are to do the hard work.

There is some technology that comes into play these days. But, I doubt that technology is the answer compared with hard work and smart work.

I believe Coach Sisk and staff have the capability of doing a great job on this front. Last year (2014), if you listen to the UGA radio broadcast as an overlay on the tv coverage--there was a moment in the 4th quarter of that victory in Athens where Eric Zeir said, "The Georgia Tech offensive line is pushing our defensive line back like we're on skates. They are imposing their will on us today in the run game at the line of scrimmage."

Nobody was worried about our strength/conditioning on that day. Nor against Clemson or Mississippi State.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm never sure how S/C correlates to injuries. I'll go back to 2014 when we were healthier for the season than we had any right to be. Obviously, Broderick broke his leg 3/4 of the way through the season. That's an unpreventable injury. We would have to presume, then, that something we did in 2014 really protected the team. And, that the very same S/C staff then did not do those same things--which left us vulnerable to the injury list of 2015? I can't make that all add up.

I realize that some of you do believe that a lot of the injuries are preventable. Just not sure I have bought that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm never sure how S/C correlates to injuries. I'll go back to 2014 when we were healthier for the season than we had any right to be. Obviously, Broderick broke his leg 3/4 of the way through the season. That's an unpreventable injury. We would have to presume, then, that something we did in 2014 really protected the team. And, that the very same S/C staff then did not do those same things--which left us vulnerable to the injury list of 2015? I can't make that all add up.

I realize that some of you do believe that a lot of the injuries are preventable. Just not sure I have bought that.

Wife and I got our tour of gtaa before the clemson game in 2014. Went in to see the recruiters and trainers area. I told the trainers that I thought they were doing a great job as our players were far less injury prone than in past. The guys behind the guy that talked gave a blank look while he said we aren't doing that much differently and the guys are really working hard.

Fast foward to present and we hear that coach expects harder work in off season?

Maybe I was the one that caused them to slack off!

Will get the stretching exercise for duck feet as it could help our heavier linemen.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Chow matters in recruiting. Hell, diet is almost as important as workouts with regards to SnC. That seems to me to be an area we could / should get up to speed on. No reason I can see where we shouldn't be as good as any program when it comes to diet / choices for chow. I always presumed, and I hope, that dietitians are being utilized by all sports teams for every SA.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GT has really good S&C personal , the dining hall on the other hand ... Its OK if you want eat buffet quality food 3 times a day , 7 days a week . I edited it a bit , in case a recruit is reading this ... :)

Are you viewing this through your eyes or through a young man's yes? heck, when I was 18 or 19, there was no such thing as "bad food".***;) If it was an all you can eat buffet, so much the better! Eating at Junior's or the V was 'fine dining" imo.

*** Disclaimer: the only exception to the "no bad food for a teenage boy" was the Brittain Dining Hall. I don't know if that place still exists or not but flea you need to check that place out on your next campus visit!:eek:

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I never ate at Brittian Dieing Hall, but I ate at the V at least four days a week. That was supposed to be unhealthy, but 50 years later I still love to est at The V. And I did love any "all you can eat" food when I was at Tech.