Post Game

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
My problem this year is I think we have some players that are better than who are playing sitting on the bench. Searcy should be playing defense and if Klock is not in the two deep then I think they should have tried him on d. I know the twins made some mistakes but the also made some good plays its lot like the other dbs are not making any mistakes.

Animal02

Banned
I respectfully disagree.

We beat VPI and Miami, two teams we had not beat in years. Duke played dirty in several spots (not to mention the officiating), and everything I read this week on UNC felt disorienting because I kept thinking the writer was talking about UNC when discussing us, or vice versa! Two powerful offensive teams, two defenses with some work to do.

Many of us knew it might very well come to a shootout/winner is the one with the ball last, and many of those felt we would be on the losing end of same. That takes NOTHING away from the VPI and Miami wins.

I want to see what happens at Pitt. I just hope it's not freezing cold and sleeting or something. I think that'd be the only thing that could really throw us off, if we can otherwise buckle down, keep our self-respect, do our best to make improvements where they can be made, and rationally, realistically come back from these last two games.

Forecast for the Pitt game is mostly sunny, high of 59 low of 37. Since it is a 3:30 game, conditions should be ideal.

The team didn't quit when down by 2 scores in the last 2 games.....and came close to pulling them both out. The difference between good teams and great teams are often how the ball bounces in a couple of games. (auburn being a great example last year) Last night we essentially tied a team with far more recruited talent. A flinch by an offensive lineman or a slightly different bounce on the onside kick and we would not have this whining.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I will say this one thing and then I'm off to bed. Will likely stay off the site tomorrow because this one hurt.

It's a sad state of affairs when you find yourself yelling at your best receiver "FALL DOWN! THERES TOO MUCH TIME LEFT" as he's sprinting down the field for the go ahead touchdown and then following up by yelling at your defense on the first (and every) play of the next drive "LET HIM GO SO THE OFFENSE CAN GET THE BALL BACK." Both of these things happened in my living room tonight.

Will add that in no way do I blame Smelter for scoring that TD. Great play. Just knew there was no way our D could hold them again.
That is what the 2.5 mil. is supposed to be paid for. Was obvious CPJ had no confidence in our D. Showed that with the on side kick. I recall in the past CPJ allowed a score to get the ball back but we were behind at the time.

What I really want to know who is responsible for us playing 8 to 10 yards off receivers. They were scoring every possession anyway.. Gamble for a turn over. The passing lanes were used over and over for completions as well as the bubble screens.

Why not? When O'Leary was coach, we competed with all the top programs for recruits. Now we compete with Colgate and Middle Tennessee State.
O'Leary got a FEW good recruits; Chan even got a FEW. But overall, if you base it on star-ratings, which unfortunately is the only criterion by which you can actually rate recruiting, recruiting is as good now as it was then. The only difference is that we are not getting those FEW big time recruits.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Traditionally our most talented position has been at WR. We have always been able to go out and land good WRs for as long as I can remember. Now we run a system that doesn't use them...

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
For the trolls out here, if you want to keep on your path and rack up warnings, might want to take a look at how the warnings impact your ability to participate here.

Please do not call people names nor infer that people here are u(sic)ga fans just because they don't have the same opinion you do. It's quite immature and I know you guys are old enough which tells me you are here to troll in which case, it's against the rules too.

This goes for everyone on either side of this "fence".

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Ted roof is awful. I know we lost a lot of DL but come on. I don't get the hire at all. He's literally never been good.
This.

Even at Auburn. Won the NC because of Cam Newton. Allbarn had no defense at all.
And past performance is the best predictor
of future results.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Not really; but too bad not anticipating the long run by Smelter and instructed him to take a knee at 5 so more time could be taken off the clock. I felt like we were dead meet when I saw 3:06 left to play.
How do you anticipate a 75 yard run and how can a coach on a team that is behind in the score and needs to score a touchdown instruct a player to purposefully take a knee instead of scoring the TD? I mean really step back and consider watching a team actually do that.

I understand the sense that the offense could just "score at will" but truly there are just no guarantees. Smelter takes a knee and the next play from the 5 is a fumble scooped and scored on by UNC . . . you can't actually play or call a game thinking you "know" what is going to happen next.

I share the frustration of going, "ugh, no way the defense will actually stop them and win the game." But you know what. The Defense needed to find a way to do just that because that is how the game played out. I was saying the exact same thing in the Southern game and against VT: "No way the defense gets a stop." Especially Southern, and then we amazingly get the fumble and recover it.

All units on a team get chances to play a part in winning a ballgame. To win a game enough of all the individual unit's possessions have to be successful.