Portal Watch 2022-23

LawyersGuns&Money

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Key, as a former OL, understands the curve of development. You are taking a lot of chubby, big framed boys, and turning them into 400-500 lb bench pressing men.

There’s actually an argument to be made that the OL under the previous regime was top heavy. We got a lot more guys benching higher than before but we weren’t driving people off the ball consistently. A well built OL is thick in the middle and thighs.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
There’s actually an argument to be made that the OL under the previous regime was top heavy. We got a lot more guys benching higher than before but we weren’t driving people off the ball consistently. A well built OL is thick in the middle and thighs.
GTSnopes has already debunked the bench press narrative, but if you were in the weight room, I apologize. You’re right that we weren’t driving other teams off the ball consistently. We couldn’t move Miami at all IIRC.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
That's an interesting way to enter the portal...

He got a lot of playing time and put up decent rushing and receiving numbers in his 3 seasons. Coincidentally Leach has been his college coach the same time.

But it is also a message to other schools that might be interested in him. Social media is probably not the best venue to vent if you’re frustrated with a coach.

To quote a very famous person “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks”

1670464239181.jpeg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Amazing. We’ll probably see several like that coming out of Colorado soon.

One thing all the Deion attention will get is a LOT of eyes watching that program. Good and bad. He's making a lot of fans, but also a lot of enemies. You can bet there's a bunch of writers waiting to do stories on that program. Part and parcel when you try to bring that kind of "sizzle" to your program.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
One thing all the Deion attention will get is a LOT of eyes watching that program. Good and bad. He's making a lot of fans, but also a lot of enemies. You can bet there's a bunch of writers waiting to do stories on that program. Part and parcel when you try to bring that kind of "sizzle" to your program.
Oh, and those PAC12 career coaches who slogged their way up in the profession are going to circle him on their schedule.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think Key, as a former OL, understands the curve of development. You are taking a lot of chubby, big framed boys, and turning them into 400-500 lb bench pressing men.
Spiers (sic) was 300 when injured - went Medical - lost 60# .

Will bryan back down to less than 250.

U R right though - it takes years to get strength with speed

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
An RPO spread getting Donate on the edge going north/south and using Pyron (who learns to slide some more) effectively running coupled with using both McCollum and Rutherford can score us some points.

Don't need to RPO for this( actually probably shouldn't, should use air raid mesh concepts as that constraint) Forces them to defend us in Nickle and gives dontae plenty of room to run. RPO's in the spread actually need to be rare it muddles your o-line more than it confuses a defense now. I'd rather see us driving people off the ball and just imposing our will.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Hearing a LOT of chatter that not only is McCullum strongly considering staying, but Dontae Smith is considering returning as well. IIRC, Smith walked on Senior Day, which is usually an indication a player is leaving.
Dontae in my opinion was 100% under utilized this season and it really bothered me. I hope he comes back and the new OC feeds him 10-15 times a game.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
He got a lot of playing time and put up decent rushing and receiving numbers in his 3 seasons. Coincidentally Leach has been his college coach the same time.

But it is also a message to other schools that might be interested in him. Social media is probably not the best venue to vent if you’re frustrated with a coach.

To quote a very famous person “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks”

View attachment 13735
Sounds like he gives 100% fifty percent of the time.