Portal Watch 2022-23

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Dontae in my opinion was 100% under utilized this season and it really bothered me. I hope he comes back and the new OC feeds him 15 - 20 times a game.
FIFY. With Smith you have to give him opportunities. With our OL most of last year, he was going to be stopped in his tracks many times. More carries = more opportunities to break a long run. And, with a full head of steam, there aren't many people who can catch Dontae from behind. He needs that.

Come on back, Dontae! We'll treat you correctly this time.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Stand aside, rookie. Lemme show you how this is done ....

*ahem* According to my ... sources, RJ Adam's is going to shuffles papers .... Memphis.

Stick with me and we'll have our own debate(sic) show on BSPN by Christmas.

:cool:
I more of a fan of dropping Heyman bombs like Arson Judge and Coke Hamels imo

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Also we are now (apparently according to some recruits) rescinding offers from high schoolers for that of portal recruits. Including those who were committed. Not sure how I feel about that tbh

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
There was a FR WR named D J Moore that showed some promise, what ever happened to him? Don't see his name ever mentioned.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don’t know how to feel about the process. I do believe it is a logical step down the path of professionalizing college athletics. I don’t know that I’m going to love what college sports is becoming.

Ultimately as we continue to emphasize the performative Athlete part of “Student Athlete” the commitment erodes further between the schools and the players.

That makes me nostalgic for the ideals of amateurism - but I can’t say with a straight face that College Athletics hasn’t been heading down this path for quite some time now (way before NIL).

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don’t know how to feel about the process. I do believe it is a logical step down the path of professionalizing college athletics. I don’t know that I’m going to love what college sports is becoming.

Ultimately as we continue to emphasize the performative Athlete part of “Student Athlete” the commitment erodes further between the schools and the players.

That makes me nostalgic for the ideals of amateurism - but I can’t say with a straight face that College Athletics hasn’t been heading down this path for quite some time now (way before NIL).

Prior to the last few years, there were clear dividing lines between the NFL and NCAA football. They began slowly eroding and now I fear they are rushing towards their unavoidable end.

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Just make a deck of cards with all the portal players and let each school blind draw for the # of schollys they have available. No right of refusal for either side

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand, yes.
I plead ignorance. Maybe it's well known to fans who follow transfers more closely.

Regardless, posts #268 and #269 have presented links that support the notion that a second transfer with immediate eligibility due to coaching change is not allowed. Perhaps you can give some examples of where a waiver was granted recently or a link that supports it.
Reference my earlier comment above. There seems to be something going on that seems contrary to the rules, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding the rules. I am hoping someone can link to a rule that supports a second transfer without a sit-out year being allowed. My research shows otherwise.