Portal Watch 2022-23

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Ha y’all need to get your minds out of the gutter.

I meant the baseball team. Winning the ACC championship my sophomore year and going to the College World Series the year after.
Ooooh, sorry. We may have misread the room there.....
Top Gear Date GIF by BBC America

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think he'll make a fantastic tight end.
I did not comment but a couple of them were upset that Dabo did not see what they saw at the beginning of the season. In their minds, it was obvious that DJ had not gotten any better and needed to sit down for the next 5 star shiny thing coming down the pike. Personally, I thought Dabo was wise to let DJ play and see what happened. It looks like he had lost all of his confidence during those first two series of the ACC championship. It happens, even to 5 star can't miss prospects.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I did not comment but a couple of them were upset that Dabo did not see what they saw at the beginning of the season. In their minds, it was obvious that DJ had not gotten any better and needed to sit down for the next 5 star shiny thing coming down the pike. Personally, I thought Dabo was wise to let DJ play and see what happened. It looks like he had lost all of his confidence during those first two series of the ACC championship. It happens, even to 5 star can't miss prospects.
I agree giving him some time at the beginning of the year but his leash should have been increasing shorter without showing improvement as the season went on. For example, there is no way he should have been in the entire SC game. Dabo keeping him in is the reason Clemson was eliminated from the playoff conversation. In that game he finished only 8 of 29 for 99 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
So McCollum is in the portal?!?
Why wasn’t I notified?!?

I thought he didn’t go through with it… Was that fake news?
I think that list is wrong...it says he entered the portal before it opened. So it was based on his potential to enter the portal before HCBK was named.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I think that list is wrong...it says he entered the portal before it opened. So it was based on his potential to enter the portal before HCBK was named.
That list really just goes by what the players say, I think. My understanding is the actual portal is not visible to the general public.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
So McCollum is in the portal?!?
Why wasn’t I notified?!?

I thought he didn’t go through with it… Was that fake news?
That site you linked isn't the official portal. It's like a recruiting website trying to keep track of who's coming and going.