Playing the Freshmen in the Remaining Games

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Idk why anyone needs to see Graham. Tobias scores a TD about every time he's on the field. Good enough for me.
Knowing the offense in its entirety, making correct reads and decisions 90% of the time, and last but not least, making presnap checks based on defensive alignment are gonna decide our next starting qb. Tobias has a pretty big leg up at this point.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Seen it, I've also watched Oliver score a ton of TDs. I don't care how flashy a guy looks. Score points, win games.
I am for Oliver to start. That doesn't mean I don't want to see what Graham can do as soon as he can help.

FWIW. All of TO's 12 TDs and 92% of his yards came against these Ds:

FEI Ranking:
BGSU: 125th
Louisville: 124th
VT: 103rd
UNC: 99th
USF: 91st

I like TO, and I don't know who may win next year's battle, but JG “might be as good an athlete as we’ve ever had at that position.” - CPJ in AJC article in August. I want to see that on the field at some point, and frankly I think this lineup will have to play nearly perfect against UGA to beat them.

Last edited:

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Ken Sugiura has an article on Tech’s freshmen in today’s AJC. It includes names of the freshmen who have played so far, how many games, etc.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I am for Oliver to start. That doesn't mean I don't want to see what Graham can do as soon as he can help.

FWIW. All of TO's 12 TDs and 92% of his yards came against these Ds:

FEI Ranking:
BGSU: 125th
Louisville: 124th
VT: 103rd
UNC: 99th
USF: 91st

I like TO, and I don't know who may win next year's battle, but JG “might be as good an athlete as we’ve ever had at that position.” - CPJ in AJC article in August. I want to see that on the field at some point, and frankly I think this lineup will have to play nearly perfect against UGA to beat them.
I would not be surprised to see 2 QB' s play next year at the start of the season.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not going to flat out say that James Graham is going to be the starting QB next season, but I will be very surprised if he doesn't get significant playing time.

Go back and watch his two runs against VT. Obviously very small sample size, but you can tell how fast he is running the football. He just eats up yards when he runs. It's definitely going to be a battle next fall camp.